Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Cory Conacher scores an OT winner tonight............. against Ben Bishop

Plot twist

Goal is overturned and Tobias Lindberg scores the winner in the shootout for Pittsburgh.

The Fight Club of hockey games.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Pittsburgh currently at 19th ovr keep losing please.

I am dreaming but imagine Pittsburgh finishes just outside the playoffs and the sens win Dahlin and Svechnikov :) ahh

Reactions: Hutz

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Seeing the awesome crowd at tonight’s game, I’ve come up with an incredible, never before considered, 2021 expansion plan.

SEA joins league in Pacific division
ARZ moves to Quebec City and joins Atlantic division
BOS moves to Metropolitan division

I prefer cash, Mr. Betteman.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Seeing the awesome crowd at tonight’s game, I’ve come up with an incredible, never before considered, 2021 expansion plan.

Boston and Montreal have to be in the same division.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Boston and Montreal have to be in the same division.
For the same reason Toronto spent all those years in the West? Growing up in Southwestern Ontario, we were told it was to preserve the chance of a TOR-MTL final (hello 93 and Gretzky’s bloody stick)

I guess this is what has me so confused. I get respecting history and encouraging rivalries through playoff animosity, and I know the BOS-MTL hate is on another level.

But at the same time, what if those division teams are both really good, we end up with PIT-WAS early round matches, and a team that really should not be going home that early? But then it means divisions only apply to regular season scheduling.

So what is the HFSens consensus? History and geography, though divisions, or 1 to 8 free for all (like they had with theee divisions)?

Edit: There are only 8 teams per conference that make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

Yeah, but that makes 17 teams in the East and 15 in the West. Boston doesn't even really need to change divisions in that scenario because there's going to be 9 teams in either the Met or the Atlantic. Might as well stay where they are.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Yeah, but that makes 17 teams in the East and 15 in the West. Boston doesn't even really need to change divisions in that scenario because there's going to be 9 teams in either the Met or the Atlantic. Might as well stay where they are.
So I guess it is moving a Pacific team to the Central to make 16-16 and QC gets to wait a bit longer.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
So I guess it is moving a Pacific team to the Central to make 16-16 and QC gets to wait a bit longer.

Has to be Phoenix. Wouldn't be totally shocked to see them become Houston Coyotes in the next 5 years, anyway, which would give them an immediate Central division rival in Dallas. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I am very drunk and have not looked it up but I'm gonna say that it isn't.

I cannot think Rutherford entertained the thought that his team would crater the rest of the way.

lol, yeah, they likely wouldn't, since they're going for the threepeat.

But, with the kind of parity we see in the league these days, you'd think it would be standard practice.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If the season were to end today, and Pittsburgh failed to make it to the conference finals, that pick would be 20th overall.

Not bad, to be honest. The gap between 20th overall and 30th overall can sometimes be massive.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Jake Virtanen in Vancouver is really turning into a nice player. Just shows kids do mature, especially when in a situation where they are given a good support structure.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If the season were to end today, and Pittsburgh failed to make it to the conference finals, that pick would be 20th overall.

Not bad, to be honest. The gap between 20th overall and 30th overall can sometimes be massive.

Colin White at 21.

I am hoping for Pittsburgh to have a real hard time the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->