Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Seemed careless more than it was malicious. Wasn't even looking at Perrault, and even followed the puck afterwards and wasn't focusing on the scrum. I don't think there's really any intention to injure there, it's just typical Gudas being a brain-dead moron.

Don't get me wrong, you are still responsible for your actions out there and Gudas deserves to sit, but the difference between a 2-to-3 game penalty and a 23 game penalty is intent to injure, and I don't see it here. I hate Gudas as much as the next fan, but he probably gets a couple of games (2-3 if it were a regular player, maybe Gudas gets 4-6 because of his history of being a dumbass) and a stern talking-to from the league and his team about being an idiot, rather than a big long "make an example out of you for being evil" suspension.

It's not even comparable to any of the famous head-slashes (McSorley, etc...).
Your take is off. Plenty of maliciousness there.
You got fooled by radko gudas

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
On a positive note, we don't have to worry about being the ones breaking the Coyotes 20 game drought.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I've seen the angry slash attempt trying to hide it as a "oh I was just trying to trap his stick" so many times. Gudas knows what he's doing. He knows he's going to whack Perreault hard with his stick. It looks worse because he hit Perreault so high up on the body but maybe you shouldn't be swinging your stick at people with the intention of hurting them.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I've seen the angry slash attempt trying to hide it as a "oh I was just trying to trap his stick" so many times. Gudas knows what he's doing. He knows he's going to whack Perreault hard with his stick. It looks worse because he hit Perreault so high up on the body but maybe you shouldn't be swinging your stick at people with the intention of hurting them.

I'm no angel when I play hockey, and I'm also not anywhere close to being a professional player, but I can say with 100% accuracy that if I'm two-handing someone, I know exactly where my stick is.

This was absolutely 100% intentional.

For clarity sake, I don't go around slashing people on the regular. I'm not a fan of hurting people, nor do I want people to hurt me. I'm 35, have 3 kids, and I play men's league hockey. I don't have energy for that crap.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Anyone have any theories as to what is going on in Montreal with Carey Price? Really seems like something is going on behind the scenes there...

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Anyone have any theories as to what is going on in Montreal with Carey Price? Really seems like something is going on behind the scenes there...
Living here everyone thinks it's a farce and they're trading him. Doesn't make sense though because he's not skating so must actually be an injury imo.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Didn't think it was that bad when I first saw it but on a 2nd look that was a very dirty play. 10 games minimum is what I think he gets.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Some nasty rumours about him have surfaced in the last 48 hours. Off-ice stuff.

However it's MTL so you can't really believe everything you hear.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think the Price thing is getting overblown.... He was injured pregame and didn't think it was that bad, never mentioned it and played. Maybe playing made it worse... so there is some criticism over how he handled that. Then he seemed to have a bit of a setback coming back , having to stay off the ice ..to give it rest because it wasn't getting better... His huge contract is staring the habs and their fans and the media in the face and all is not perfect. Price will heal up and come back and that's it...Very few teams, if any, would take that contract on imo.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Price hasn't been 'himself' since that first knee injury a few years ago.

...just cruised twitter....that's one helluva thing for someone to throw out to the public. Dude who started that rumor could get his with a lawsuit if its false.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

There's a rumour going around that Prices personal life is upside down and the Habs are trying to move him / even void his extention. I don't really believe it but a guy I work with said he heard this directly from a guy at TSN, so take that for what's it worth.

But these rumours of big name players moving always seem to involve the players wife (Alfie, Pronger, Iafrete, Lupul) or some crazy pregnancy rumour (Heatley mobster - Pronger again) - and that is the misogyny of sports fan.

Couple that with Montreal being terrible, Prices early season form, trading PK which is still he top hockey story in Montreal to this day you talk to a Habs fan and that is the second or third thing they want to talk about, Bergevin in general is despised now and Julien might just be an average NHL coach....and you get Carey Price personal life rumours. That is the ugliness of hockey fandome and the Canadian market.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
The wildcards in our conf now have more pts than us, so its top 3 or bust which will leave me only able to revel in Montreal and Edmontons misfortunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->