Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Melnyck in his first press conference about Lebreton announced his building was old, past its prime by 5 years and no one wants to go to it, good sell job on Lebreton (which doesn’t exist yet) by ripping apart the building you currently own and expect fans to pay money to go to.

Melnyck is his own worse enemy, literally works against his own interests

Who is Melnyck?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Melnyck in his first press conference about Lebreton announced his building was old, past its prime by 5 years and no one wants to go to it, good sell job on Lebreton (which doesn’t exist yet) by ripping apart the building you currently own and expect fans to pay money to go to.

Melnyck is his own worse enemy, literally works against his own interests

As he continues to dig his own grave

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Honestly, I love the Senators and sports, but I"m with Calgary on this one. F these billionaires trying to get us to pay for a venue so they can charge us to attend. I'll gladly spend my 100-200$ going out to eat for a good time if they want to move the team because the city doesn't want to fork over hundreds of millions in tax money.

Reactions: Uchiha

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bruins missed an opportunity to move up in the standings dropping 2 to the leafs while Matthews was out. I was hoping they would manage 1 win.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I don't mind the Leafs beating the Bruins. I just don't want 3 point games. We just need the Detroit/Montreal cushion to stay around 4-5 points all season.

1. We're not passing Tampa without a rash of injuries.
2. At best we end up with home ice against the Leafs

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Turris scoring in his first game is notable, and acknowledging it isn't "living in the past". There is no reason I can't be both happy for Turris and happy for us acquiring Duchene.

Precisely my view on it as well. Happy to have Duchene, yet happy for Turris that he's having a solid start with his new club. I like to see good people do well.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
As he continues to dig his own grave

You think Cirque de Soleil and the Desmarais family gave Alfie a call and asked him to help them be a part of their ownership group and that's why Alfie left the Sens - conflict of interest?

Alfie said he'd like to be an owner and it seems to be on his mind in Sweden, the Desmarais family is all about blue blood ties so bringing Alfie into the fold would be the first step into creating a bid that the NHL would find hard to resist, that and having $10 Billion dollars.

Melnyck might not want to sell, but you put $700 million and the attendance and thr Breton problems in front of him, the employee lawsuits, fan despise, financial hardships, basically no real money to fund Lebreton and maybe he cashes in his chips.

Alfie's revenge. You won't pay me, I'll buy the mofo from you and do it right.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
You think Cirque de Soleil and the Desmarais family gave Alfie a call and asked him to help them be a part of their ownership group and that's why Alfie left the Sens - conflict of interest?

Alfie said he'd like to be an owner and it seems to be on his mind in Sweden, the Desmarais family is all about blue blood ties so bringing Alfie into the fold would be the first step into creating a bid that the NHL would find hard to resist, that and having $10 Billion dollars.

Melnyck might not want to sell, but you put $700 million and the attendance and thr Breton problems in front of him, the employee lawsuits, fan despise, financial hardships, basically no real money to fund Lebreton and maybe he cashes in his chips.

It would probably be a small investment in the team for Alfie, think Lebron's small stake in Liverpool kind of situation, but that would ease my fears about this potential ownership group a little bit. No way Alfie betrays this city and becomes part of an ownership group that moves overnight to Quebec City.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I'm a fan of the Sens primarily, but I'm also a fan of the NHL in general, so I follow the stories of other teams throughout the season. You miss out on 30 other stories if you solely dedicate your time to the Sens.

Turris scoring in his first game is notable, and acknowledging it isn't "living in the past". There is no reason I can't be both happy for Turris and happy for us acquiring Duchene.
I undertand your point of view and it's perfectly find that your happy for Turris, but as far as I'm concern it doesn't bring me joy that Turris is scoring goals for another team, I dont fallow Nashville it's not my team, the only problem I have is that if Turris does good with Nashville, some of you will keep reminding all of us how a terrible deal Dorion made and you will never let it go, it just it gets so annoying, let's move on. We are still talking about the Spezza and Heatley trade around here, but I understand I'm just gonna have to live with it, everyone has the right to their opinions.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I undertand your point of view and it's perfectly find that your happy for Turris, but as far as I'm concern it doesn't bring me joy that Turris is scoring goals for another team, I dont fallow Nashville it's not my team, the only problem I have is that if Turris does good with Nashville, some of you will keep reminding all of us how a terrible deal Dorion made and you will never let it go, it just it gets so annoying, let's move on. We are still talking about the Spezza and Heatley trade around here, but I understand I'm just gonna have to live with it, everyone has the right to their opinions.

Just my perception, but I don't think this trade was nearly as polarizing within the fanbase (or in the case of the Spezza and Heatley deals, lopsided considering the stature of the players at the time). I think most folks are happy to have Duchene yet still would like to see Turris do well as he was always a good servant to this club.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Just my perception, but I don't think this trade was nearly as polarizing within the fanbase (or in the case of the Spezza and Heatley deals, lopsided considering the stature of the players at the time). I think most folks are happy to have Duchene yet still would like to see Turris do well as he was always a good servant to this club.

Credit Dorion for being able to make a trade quietly,p. With Murray the Spezza And Heatkey situations went all summer and were public daily, Alfie as well the club seemed asleep at the wheel and not desperate to sign a player we considered family.

Dorion's done well to make trades quickly and move wth precision. He deserves credit

Last edited:

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Silfverberg is heating up and has 4G in his last 5 games. He wears an A for Anaheim now.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He wears an A for Anaheim now.

Because Kesler and Fowler are injured.

Usually Kesler and Perry have the A, I believe Fowler had it when Kesler got injured and then they had to give it to someone else so they gave it to Silf.

It's not a bad thing but not like he's wearing a letter on a normal day.

Pretty much like if Stone gets injured then they give the A to Hoffman and then Hoff gets injured so they give it to Ryan. At some point he's gonna get it if everyone is injured lol

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

where do you come up with this shit?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Because Kesler and Fowler are injured.

Usually Kesler and Perry have the A, I believe Fowler had it when Kesler got injured and then they had to give it to someone else so they gave it to Silf.

It's not a bad thing but not like he's wearing a letter on a normal day.

Pretty much like if Stone gets injured then they give the A to Hoffman and then Hoff gets injured so they give it to Ryan. At some point he's gonna get it if everyone is injured lol

Isn't Getzlaf out too? I imagine with all the injuries, they're leaning on Silf a lot more than usual.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It would probably be a small investment in the team for Alfie, think Lebron's small stake in Liverpool kind of situation, but that would ease my fears about this potential ownership group a little bit. No way Alfie betrays this city and becomes part of an ownership group that moves overnight to Quebec City.

What would be an ottawa term for someone above diety status?.....that'd be Alfies new title around the city should this scenario go down.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What would be an ottawa term for someone above diety status?.....that'd be Alfies new title around the city should this scenario go down.

I think he’s just go by ‘Alfie’

There would be Coach, General manager, Team President, CEO, Owner, and then just...Alfie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad