Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
haha, I've been thinking about that sooo much. Makes no logistical sense but I'd love to see it happen anyways.

Assuming Boston doesn't intend to resign him and he's looking to retire this season and are out of the playoffs, 3rd round pick for him as a farewell last run through for a 2nd cup with his breakout team.

If they intend to resign him maybe something like Harpur would do it if Chara can still bring it. He'd be a force on our 3rd pair.

But yeah, I'm skeptical to give up something of value for a retiring man, but we're not exactly short on promising D prospects, and Harpur really only projects as a bottom pairing guy right now to me. Chara would give us a guy commanding each D pair (1st - EK, 2nd - Ceci/Phaneuf, 3rd - Chara). Or he gives us a big defensive D partner for EK that we can rotate in and out of the top pair with Claesson if Chara can't handle the minutes anymore.

Chara/Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson/Chara - Wideman

Would be a wet dream for the playoffs. And the nostalgia would drown Sens fans.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There is a very strong possibility that Toronto will be the top team in the league at some point.

What I don't understand is why, if people are so confident, they aren't willing to wait until it's undeniable.

Reactions: Sensung

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
No it doesn't look allright.

The fact that TML is ranked ahead of CBJ/CHI/LAK... makes perfect sense on TSN.
the Leafs beat chicago, and that's all that it should take for a weekly power ranking with teams playing similarily.

Teams move wildly on power rankings week to week, although you can expect TSN to keep the Leafs from ever falling as much as every other team will during their bad stretch.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Detroit just scored by plowing into Vaselevski. Hope that one doesn't count, cause that would be a terrible call if it does.

edit: No goal, good call.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Crazy amount of empty seats in Detroit. Don't think I've seen a full house anywhere in the league yet this season (among the games I've watched).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Might be over confident but I think the Sens will be top 3 in the Atlantic. Who is going to be 4th or 5th and which of the teams behind us now is going to challenge us the most?

rQYsFB.jpg

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
He was lambasted, and rightfully so, because of his 3 picks in a row in the 15' draft. Guys like Connor/Barzel/Chabot/White/Erikson EK/Boeser/Svechnikov taken directly after his 3.

Carlo and McAvoy were homeruns, but doing so bad with 3 picks in a row in the strongest draft in recent memory is very unfortunate.
Agreed. Their first round in 2015 is just mind boggling. However, Sweeney or who runs their draft has made some excellent picks like
Pasternak
Carlo
McAvoy
Heinen
JFK
Bjork
Lauzon

Don't know how you can miss so badly in one round but draft these gems.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Might be over confident but I think the Sens will be top 3 in the Atlantic. Who is going to be 4th or 5th and which of the teams behind us now is going to challenge us the most?

rQYsFB.jpg
I think Buffalo and Florida weren't playoff contenders to begin with I think Boston has the most complete team, so them, I guess?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Detroit just scored by plowing into Vaselevski. Hope that one doesn't count, cause that would be a terrible call if it does.

edit: No goal, good call.

Definitely a good call, was surprised they didn§t wave it off right away, but it was interesting that they called a penalty and gave a penalty shot on the same play, so Detroit ended up getting the goal anyway.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Oh, wait, someone on Las Vegas is wearing #87. I wonder if the whole organization is fostering a new-kid brashness in more than just their twitter person.

poochie_old01.jpg

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
There is a very strong possibility that Toronto will be the top team in the league at some point.

What I don't understand is why, if people are so confident, they aren't willing to wait until it's undeniable.
The Leafs look like a regular season juggernaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad