Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
New thread. Last posts:

Paul Maclean and the Ducks "mutually part ways."

Not looking good for Maclean moving forward when a head coach decides he doesn't want to keep working with him. Might have to go back to the minors.

Can we hire him as head of Soundbites operations?

Maybe he's at Therrien's favourite deli, waiting for him and for #61 to be called.

Is this a 'going after a HC job' thing, a 'can't work with Carlyle' thing, or a 'still bitter that he wasn't given the HC job when Boudreau left' thing?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
MacLean has been getting a strong dose of reality check these last few years.

Such a fall from grace. A real shame he ended up being a jerk.

Of course this could quickly go the other way if he ends up as a HC somewhere.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Maclean and Boucher together would be worth the price of adm no?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
MacLean has been getting a strong dose of reality check these last few years.

Such a fall from grace. A real shame he ended up being a jerk.

Of course this could quickly go the other way if he ends up as a HC somewhere.

Curious on why you say he ended up being a jerk.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Just a feeling I got from watching him near the end.

Him calling out the roster being inadequate to play the style of hockey he wanted was especially egregious.

Well, the same could be said for the team this year, except Dorian went out and picked up several players that would fit perfectly into his system after consultation.

I won't defend MacLean as I don't know much about him behind the scenes, but this isn't really a damning statement from coach.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well, the same could be said for the team this year, except Dorian went out and picked up several players that would fit perfectly into his system after consultation.

I won't defend MacLean as I don't know much about him behind the scenes, but this isn't really a damning statement from coach.

It is when it is done publicly I'd say.

Boucher never publicly complained about the players he had not being good enough.

MacLean definitely gave me the impression that he thought management was holding him back and that he was throwing them under the bus in press conferences is why I have that impression.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
True, and while I don't condone it. I think it's ok if the man comes out with an honest opinion after being fired.

It's nice as a fan to get a varied perspective.

Yes.

But him coming out after a loss and blaming management reflects rather poorly on him.

And now it looks like he was essentially fired from Anaheim. Doesn't look good.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yes.

But him coming out after a loss and blaming management reflects rather poorly on him.

And now it looks like he was essentially fired from Anaheim. Doesn't look good.

I agree, he clearly was upset. In general I enjoy personalities in Sports, but I also have no interest in having him back with our team in any capacity at this point

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Maclean went from friendly walrus to evil dictator walrus. And it didn't go over well

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
found this article on Maclean, Murray, Sens, losing the room ... and ultimately hiring Cameron
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/macgregor-paul-macleans-dismissal-shows-the-importance-of-likeability/article21997619/

Another one Maclean .. leaving , some player comments
https://www.nhl.com/news/former-senators-coach-maclean-has-no-regrets/c-743188

Likely there are other stories.. I would not conclude he was a jerk based on these stories alone. Some may not like the "afraid" comment I guess.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
At this point, i hope the Pens sweep the Preds just so hockey can be done with. Ready for the offseason.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Watching Nashvilles defense avoid getting pinned down is a treat. They force turnovers and rarely ever get caught chasing.

We really do need to improve our 2nd pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->