Around the NHL XV: Something, Something, Playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No question Price is the best goalie in the league, he's easily the most likeable guy on Montreal.

Honestly, I think he's played up and made to look better than he is because of his likability. If he acted like a Smith or Lehner, I doubt anyone would call him the best in the league.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Price is supremely talented and a really likeable guy but I remain unconvinced he's good enough to carry a team like Quick or Lundqvist can in the playoffs

Hell even Anderson is a better playoff goalie

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Gosh I hope they dont find a way to lure Babcock there this summer.

The absolute worst would be seeing him go to either Montreal or Toronto. heard the Leafs are going after him pretty aggressively

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
BHENrRN.gif

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Ahh, was out for a while, funny how the air is sweeter and cleaner, as if there has been a cosmic cleansing and rebalancing of the universe.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

The absolute worst would be seeing him go to either Montreal or Toronto. heard the Leafs are going after him pretty aggressively

Habs are a lil strict on having bilingual coaches, so theres that. You also have to factor in Theirren is not guaranteed to get canned he did just win them the division and a playoff round. Toronto could possibly get babs but its also not a done deal, Detroit still in the mix, with Toronto looking to rebuild as well.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lol at Therrian saying that the team ran out of gas. That is such a piss poor excuse.

I mean just look at what the Kings had to go through last season to win the cup.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

Montreal has to have a bilingual coach, right?

Plus Babcock isn't magic. Detroit has struggled without Lidstrom... one of the greatest defencemen of all time. And as Datsyuk/Zetterberg age - it's only getting worse. They have a great system but some of drafting/developing is luck.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Players didn't show up because the coach didn't show up because the gm didn't pick the right coach to make the players show up.

It's top-down IMO.

In any case. With the Habs eliminated, I think I might take a small hiatus from here until the draft or if something interesting happens on our end. If I don't see you until July: enjoy yourselves! First year on this forum has been fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad