Around the NHL XIII: Off Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
So why weren't the Rangers on hand in Chicago to forfeit over the Stanley Cup after the game ended?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Carter was the only real loss. And Simmonds + Couturier alone make up for his prediction.

Mike Richards is on the Kings 4th line, and it's not because the Kings are really deep.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Nashville re-signs Carter Hutton [2 Years/$725,000 AAV]...

crickets.gif

Isles signed Halak, maybe they'll only barely miss the playoffs next season.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Flyers fans can cry all they want about Richards and Carter, but the return was Schenn, Couturier, Simmonds and Voracek.

If you want to cry, cry about Williams for Markov or Sharp for Matt Ellison.

Get a Norris candidate and/or a star goalie and you're back in the finals

Well getting a Norris candidate and/or a star goalie isn't very easy.

I think they could've gotten returns that were more suitable to their needs. They seem to stock on centers every chance they get. I would still take Hamilton over Couturier, for example.

I do find it funny that not too long ago, it was the Richards trade that people seemed to have more problems with. Carter has been the better player and was underrated while in Philly.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The trade for Luke Schenn for JVR is what really killed them.

Subtract Schenn & Add JVR to that team...its infinitely better.

THAT was the trade they should be most pissed about.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010

A 30 goal scorer for a pylon, great asset management :laugh:

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

It's a bad trade but they still have an excellent group of forwards.

20th in defense this season. I think they're still pissed about Weber and will go hard this offseason for a No. 1

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

20th in defense this season. I think they're still pissed about Weber and will go hard this offseason for a No. 1

Quoting myself from the trade thread:
It's funny how the Flyers clearly won both the Richards and Carter trades (Columbus got seriously traderaped by LA though), yet they are way worse off now than before the trades. Part of that is using the saved cap space on Bryzgalov, but the main reason is the cluster**** that Holmgren has assembled on D.

Pronger, Timonen, Carle, and Coburn was probably the best top-4 in the league. But Holmgren decided to replace puck-movers such as Pronger and Carle with stiffs like Grossman and Schenn (and later tried to rectify it with signing the corpse of Mark Streit and trade for one of the leagues worst and most overrated defencemen in MacDonald). The Flyers have an amazing forward corps that is being held hostage by a defence that can't skate or move the puck if their lives depended on it.

Timonen is still amazing and can go toe-to-toe with the best, and dominate the easier matchups. Coburn doesn't do much in soft minutes, but he performs above expectations in the tougher minutes. Streit is slightly below average in most situations, and downright terrible if he gets caught against elite players. Schenn is actually a poor-man's Coburn and isn't entirely horrible against tough comp, but does nothing with soft matchups. MacDonald is overall terrible unless he gets to play against goons and/or AHL'ers where he does very well. Grossman has been too injured the past three seasons to make a statement about his play, but his numbers are overall dreadful.

If Timonen retires this offeseason and doesn't replace him with legit #1 (which he still very much is), the Flyers will be in the hunt for McDavid.

Their defence is a total mess, but if they fix it they would be extremely dangerous.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
So the Devils will be trash for a long time.

Amen?

I still like Dallas' new jerseys

Agreed

A 30 goal scorer for a pylon, great asset management :laugh:

But the brothers!
God that was a dumb move by Holgrem

AHB*

What #1 is available and who the heck lets a true #1 become available?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
What #1 is available and who the heck lets a true #1 become available?

yeah..not sure where the upgrade lies. who are the good ufas here? orpik? niskanen? stralman?

those arent #1s...Good #2s on most teams...#1s?

and in this crappy of a market, theyre going to be SEVERELY overpaid, especially with the cap going up.

rangers probably hope stralman takes a paycut to stay with more years instead of dollars. otherwise he's gonna walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad