Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And just like everyone predicted after 6 games..Vegas is leading the league followed up by LA.

They're leading the West, but the league is presently led by Tampa Bay in raw points, and they're tied in points percentage with Toronto, New Jersey, and Columbus (and all four are behind LA)

Still. Wow.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Watching Blackhawks tonight- they are getting completely dominated by Blues. And we dominated large parts of our game even with a depleted roster.

I know they got off to a hot start, and many seem to be jumping back on their bandwagon, but I am not sold on them being the elite team they have been in the past. Will be interesting to see what kind of year they have.....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah everyone keeps looking at the 10-1 game against Pittsburgh, but Chicago has some pretty serious issues. Their Dmen are pretty weak, and frankly I'm not sure a good team doesn't steam roll them even more than we did last year. Also they seem to be mostly a two line team, and if you are physical with Kane that line aint so hot either.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If the Buffalo and Detroit games are any indication, that Blackhawks game will basically be pretty close to a neutral site game.

I wouldn't know. Due to a screw up on AT&T's part, I am blacked locally of Vegas but have no blackout issues with the Preds even though I live in Gallatin.

Reactions: triggrman

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If the Buffalo and Detroit games are any indication, that Blackhawks game will basically be pretty close to a neutral site game.
Everyone kind of knew that would happen anyway. In addition to people wanting to follow their team to Vegas, the area is as populated as it is thanks mainly to transplants from everywhere. It'll continue for awhile I'm sure.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Everyone kind of knew that would happen anyway. In addition to people wanting to follow their team to Vegas, the area is as populated as it is thanks mainly to transplants from everywhere. It'll continue for awhile I'm sure.

Yeah, I kind of feel sorry for their true season ticket holders because it is going to be something they will have to deal with probably forever. If Nashville was bad for this kind of thing Vegas will be much worse. There will be a ton of visiting fans at almost every one of their games.
And as soon as the honeymoon period wears off for the team it will probably only get worse.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, I kind of feel sorry for their true season ticket holders because it is going to be something they will have to deal with probably forever. If Nashville was bad for this kind of thing Vegas will be much worse. There will be a ton of visiting fans at almost every one of their games.
And as soon as the honeymoon period wears off for the team it will probably only get worse.

Once they get good and start having success, the STH base should grow like us this year. That will significantly reduce the visitors.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Once they get good and start having success, the STH base should grow like us this year. That will significantly reduce the visitors.

But that will take years and years. And they had to cut off season ticket sales- I think they have 14,000. I think this is a unique situation- there are always going to be a ton of away fans at their games...

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
But that will take years and years. And they had to cut off season ticket sales- I think they have 14,000. I think this is a unique situation- there are always going to be a ton of away fans at their games...

Yeah, people are always going to go to Vegas for a quick vacation. Might as well go in winter when your favorite team plays there and catch a game.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Except no one knows how long it will take. They could shock everyone and make the playoffs any year, and honestly this year the roster has a chip on their shoulders. Almost all of them were told by their former team that they weren’t important enough to protect. Sure looks like Neal is trying to prove Poile wrong.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Yeah, people are always going to go to Vegas for a quick vacation. Might as well go in winter when your favorite team plays there and catch a game.
and where it's 90 in November. Vegas is awesome. it would be the first place I catch a preds game at on the road that would require flying. anyone debating on going out to Vegas for a game, it's a must!

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
7 of the 8 games decided so far tonight were won by the road team. the last game between Dallas and Arizona has.. yep you guessed it the road team Dallas up 3-2

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Except no one knows how long it will take. They could shock everyone and make the playoffs any year, and honestly this year the roster has a chip on their shoulders. Almost all of them were told by their former team that they weren’t important enough to protect. Sure looks like Neal is trying to prove Poile wrong.

They have ZERO chance at making the playoffs- not gonna happen. They are going through a nice honeymoon phase right now but it will not last

I will grant you that it won't take them nearly as long to be competitive as past expansion teams due to the new expansion setup, but they aren't gonna be a contender for quite some time

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Vegas has beaten Dallas, Arizona twice (Arizona's only point this year is thanks to Vegas), Boston who has struggled since they played us opening night (other wins are against Arizona and Vancouver and they've lost twice to Colorado and once to Vegas.) and a bad Buffalo team. Let's see how they do when they actually play some good or even decent teams. Or let's see how they do on their 6 game, 9 day road trip out East. They're just not going to keep this up. They might sneak into a wildcard depending on if some teams that got off to slow starts don't get it in gear but this team isn't particularly talented and are still in the build phase.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I wouldn't discount them. They have to finish top three in their division, no the top 8 in the conference. Edmonton and Calgary are too good to miss imo. Then you have a San Jose team that is aging, and not so good Vancouver and Arizona team. So \the question you have to ask is can LA and Anaheim hold afloat until they get healthy? Who knows?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Whoa- you guys really think Vegas can actually get into the playoffs?? Finish third in the division?? There is absolutely no way they will even be close to finishing third or even getting a wild card. The best they can do in my opinion is 6th in the division, and I am not even sure they will do that.

If they do it will be the greatest coaching job in the history of sports.

I will gladly come back on here at the end of the year and take my lumps if I am wrong on this, but playoffs ain't happening for VGK.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Whoa- you guys really think Vegas can actually get into the playoffs?? Finish third in the division?? There is absolutely no way they will even be close to finishing third or even getting a wild card. The best they can do in my opinion is 6th in the division, and I am not even sure they will do that.

If they do it will be the greatest coaching job in the history of sports.

I will gladly come back on here at the end of the year and take my lumps if I am wrong on this, but playoffs ain't happening for VGK.
I think they will be a bubble team. No way do they finish below both Arizona and Vancouver. And who knows what happens to the California teams. This isn't a Pre-2000's expansion team. This is basically one of those expansion teams with 3 years experience from a roster standpoint.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I think they will be a bubble team. No way do they finish below both Arizona and Vancouver. And who knows what happens to the California teams. This isn't a Pre-2000's expansion team. This is basically one of those expansion teams with 3 years experience from a roster standpoint.

I guess only time will tell- no chance they even sniff the bubble. You think they will have 90 points?? That is pretty much what it will take to be a bubble team. I would be willing to wager a good bit of $$ that they won't get 80.

Will be interesting to see which one of us is correct!

I know they are better than your usual expansion team but they still have the least talent/skill in the entire league. Not to mention they will likely trade off some of that skill before trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->