Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yeah I maybe overreacted a little but again we're not talking about a one hit wonder we're talking about a guy who has scored 20 goals nine seasons straight. Which means he's an elite goal scorer. And we gave him up for nothing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The overreactions to just about every little thing on this board are quite hilarious. As soon as I saw Neal score a goal, I knew there would be a complete meltdown on here.....
I was actually hesitating to mention it here as a result, but I figured that some folks might feel the way I do about it - happy that one of our guys helped out the newcomers.

I keep forgetting just how committed the OMG WE LOST JAMES NEAL crowd is to their misery and depression, I guess. :dunno:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The overreactions to just about every little thing on this board are quite hilarious. As soon as I saw Neal score a goal, I knew there would be a complete meltdown on here.....
A couple of comments and observations = meltdown? If that case the board had a nuclear explosion after Thursday's game.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
A couple of comments and observations = meltdown? If that case the board had a nuclear explosion after Thursday's game.
it's taboo around here to complain or make an observation if it isn't neutral/positive.. didn't you know? :D

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It's all about tone. 303 makes negative comments and people don't go nuts because when read it comes off as being level headed rather than end of the world.
it's a message board. people can have whatever tone they want. although, i don't really see how you can tell a persons tone through the internet. i would say let people be. the complaints about people being negative are head and shoulders the most annoying thing of this board. not that it matters.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
it's a message board. people can have whatever tone they want. although, i don't really see how you can tell a persons tone through the internet. i would say let people be. the complaints about people being negative are head and shoulders the most annoying thing of this board. not that it matters.

I am making a concerted effort to NOT go down this rabbit hole again this year. So I will just state what I always state. I can only speak for myself, but I NEVER EVER tell anyone what they can and cannot post. But what happens with me almost every single time is this:
Someone posts something that some find over the top negative. Then lets say I come back and say "man, I really think you are overreacting there- I do not agree at all that things are not that bad". All that is is someone posting something that I (or anyone else) don't agree with and I post that i disagree with it. That is just simple discussion and debate, which is what a message board is. That is not just "complaining" about something negative. It is just saying you disagree with it.

Example- If someone comes on here tonight and posts that they think this season is doomed and that we just stink as a team after two games (and many are saying exactly that)- and I come back and say that it is nuts to draw that conclusion because its only two games- is that not allowed??? Is that "complaining" about negativity??? Of course it isn't- it is just discussion and debate.

But as soon as I post that rebuttal, inevitably someone will come back at me, saying I am a sunshine pumper or that I am telling someone what they can or can't post, or that "only positive comments are allowed" etc, etc, etc.

When in actuality that isn't what I am doing in the least- absolutely, positively not. I just disagreed with an opinion and posted my own. If you can't respond to someone else's opinions, whether you agree or disagree with it, what is the point of the board?????

And for the record, I stand by the "meltdown" comment over Neal. It was just a lighthearted comment/figure of speech. But after he scored again tonight, just go on social media and see if many, many Preds fans aren't melting down. Heck, I am even starting to after the way our season and Neal's are going so far!!:)

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
15 games played Saturday.

Only 4 road teams won.

3 of those 4 were in OT/SO.

So only one home team failed to get a single point (San Jose).

Seeing all these road teams lose makes me feel slightly better about our loss. Not in how we lost, but just looking at scores and seeing the road teams lose tonight.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It's not his fault. We don't know who GMGM would have chosen if GMDP hadn't exposed Neal.
jarnkrok, smith or wilson. we traded Wilson. so jarnkrok or smith? yeah still horrible asset management... anyways, i don't think it's good for our health to discuss this right now lol

Reactions: Dave is a killer

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Does anyone think Vegas can keep this up? They appear to be on their way to a 3-0 start. Who do they even have other than Neal and Fleury?

Edit to add: I noticed Leipsic is on their roster. Good to see him get a shot. I remember a lot of people thought we would regret sending him to TO.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Does anyone think Vegas can keep this up? They appear to be on their way to a 3-0 start. Who do they even have other than Neal and Fleury?

Edit to add: I noticed Leipsic is on their roster. Good to see him get a shot. I remember a lot of people thought we would regret sending him to TO.
No way they will keep it up but it's a very good story for now...On a side note I do like their uniforms a lot

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
No way they will keep it up but it's a very good story for now...On a side note I do like their uniforms a lot
agreed. it's a feel good story with everything going on right now. i was out in Vegas in July and their colors and jerseys are sharp. fleury and neal are good. for the most part aside from that, they suck.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
They are screwing up the Shipaychov situation already. McPhee is the worst.

They don't even want to be good this year, they need high-end picks. In the end they have no chance of winning the SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad