Around The NHL - The Craig Morgan Vacation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Same story with Smith. A shutout sandwiched by two brutal games.

Check out this goal. The caption certainly rings a bell too.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
"Smith is going to want this one back"

Yep total Nashism, one of his go to expressions that he beats into the ground.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Sub .910 save % in 17 of 50 games played. That's 34% of games played. Weird...

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Very good chance Joel Quenville is fired in Chicago. I see him taking over in Edmonton.

I figure Chicago is a team with old expensive contracts entering the cap hell phase of a contender-run or whatever you might call it. I still think they have been abyssmal. I still think their glory should have lasted a bit longer.

Is this really not hurting the coach?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Why wouldn't Q go to Canada?? Like most coaches he will go where the talent level gives him the best chance to win.
Cultural familiarity, family preference, proximity to grandchildren, higher Canadian taxes, I can think of a lot of reasons why Q would prefer to stay in the US. Add to that the Canadian spotlight on all things hockey. Many are happy not having that kind of scrutiny. It would be like going from coaching the Hawks to coaching the Chicago Bears with all that scrutiny.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why wouldn't Q go to Canada?? Like most coaches he will go where the talent level gives him the best chance to win.
Q is a top five coach. Besides Toronto, there is nothing Canada has to offer. If Q gets fired I expect him to stay in the East somewhere.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Cultural familiarity, family preference, proximity to grandchildren, higher Canadian taxes, I can think of a lot of reasons why Q would prefer to stay in the US. Add to that the Canadian spotlight on all things hockey. Many are happy not having that kind of scrutiny. It would be like going from coaching the Hawks to coaching the Chicago Bears with all that scrutiny.
Alberta tax rates compare quite well in the League. And he is Canadian.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
The only thing that stinks about Smith struggling as of late is that that pick from his trade is a conditional 3rd with the condition being if the Flames make the playoffs in 2018, the pick becomes a 2nd in 2019

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The only thing that stinks about Smith struggling as of late is that that pick from his trade is a conditional 3rd with the condition being if the Flames make the playoffs in 2018, the pick becomes a 2nd in 2019

Talking about been unlucky in trades: If Calgaray misses the playoffs and "wins" the 1OA, they have traded Dahlin with value added for Travis Hamonic.

That would be high up there when people make lists of worst trades ever for the next 100 years.

Reactions: Mosby

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Ahead of the Buffaslugs, tied with the 'nucks. Shit's gettin real.

upload_2018-3-19_21-47-22.png

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Sub .910 save % in 17 of 50 games played. That's 34% of games played. Weird...
Rocked an .892 % tonight against some sorry team that can't score.

ETA: in Calgary's three games against the Coyotes, Smith has posted a shut out, missed a game to groin injury, and had a .892 in the other. Kind of a microcosm of his time here, really.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Out of our hands. The Crouse pick, though....*steam bursts from ears*

Hey at least we didn't trade an unprotected first like a certain team we beat tonight :popcorn:
Their (now the Isles) pick is a 9% chance at top 3 and increasing game by game at this rate.

Reactions: Name Nameless

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t want to tank or cheer for losses. Having said that, I could do without loser points in our last 10 games. Let’s do six regulation wins and four regulation losses (@Buffalo, @Tampa, @Vegas, and @Van) and call it a season. Probably leaves us with the 3rd or 4th worst record. Probably pick 5, 6 or 7 overall.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I don’t want to tank or cheer for losses. Having said that, I could do without loser points in our last 10 games. Let’s do six regulation wins and four regulation losses (@Buffalo, @Tampa, @Vegas, and @Van) and call it a season. Probably leaves us with the 3rd or 4th worst record. Probably pick 5, 6 or 7 overall.

Coyotes offseason optimism in full swing. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad