OT: Around the NHL | Two Weeks Until The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
I see a lot of people thinking that Tampa and Pittsburgh "blew" their rounds against the capitals, but credit needs to be given to Washington's neutral zone and team defense. It wasn't a coincidence that two of the favorites looked disjointed against them moving the puck up ice.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I see a lot of people thinking that Tampa and Pittsburgh "blew" their rounds against the capitals, but credit needs to be given to Washington's neutral zone and team defense. It wasn't a coincidence that two of the favorites looked disjointed against them moving the puck up ice.

I think that Washington was flat out the better team most of the series against tampa. However, against the Penguins we absolutely blew it against them. We gave away two leads in the 3rd period, just can't do that. Even game 6 which I think the Caps played a very good game against us we had our chances, we had posts that we hit and some golden opportunities that we simply did not convert on. Holtby played very well, but he is beatable, this with Malkin, Brassard, and Kessel all shell's of their former selves. If our team was healthy, heck if just Malkin and/or Kessel are at 100% we probably beat the Caps in 5 games.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The Rangers new head coach really nailed his Mike Sullivan impression.

Reactions: BHD

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm rooting for Vegas, but more specifically I'm rooting for MAF. Not to prove some point about this goalie compared to that goalie blah blah blah stuff. But because I probably couldn't name 1 player who looks like they have more fun out there than him. It's almost impossible to root against him.

I manage...lol

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Did he talk about accountability and then do the opposite??

efdb90906900e531bf5fcf184f7064b3.jpg

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
When I see how TB looked v Caps, and realize w could have beat WSH in 5 if we could simply protect a 3rd period lead (as we had done all season), man it blows my mind.
Incredible.

Speaking of Tampa is Cooper getting any heat?

Reactions: Gold Diamond

PeachPitts

May 24, 2018
Champion PA
I think that Washington was flat out the better team most of the series against tampa. However, against the Penguins we absolutely blew it against them. We gave away two leads in the 3rd period, just can't do that. Even game 6 which I think the Caps played a very good game against us we had our chances, we had posts that we hit and some golden opportunities that we simply did not convert on. Holtby played very well, but he is beatable, this with Malkin, Brassard, and Kessel all shell's of their former selves. If our team was healthy, heck if just Malkin and/or Kessel are at 100% we probably beat the Caps in 5 games.
And mind you they beat us without Backstrom, Wilson, and Burakovsky. Shame !! They were as short handed as us.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
When I see how TB looked v Caps, and realize w could have beat WSH in 5 if we could simply protect a 3rd period lead (as we had done all season), man it blows my mind.
Incredible.

Speaking of Tampa is Cooper getting any heat?

Depends. It's similar to Bylsma whenever the team imploded in the playoffs. Was Yzerman's big takeaway that the Lightning lost to a team that played really well, or... He did actually notice how poorly they - a talented roster - looked against them?

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
If this has been mentioned already, forgive me, I haven't been checking in a lot, but...

Sid and Jake are still tied for 3rd in playoff points this year.

Reactions: Turin and BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
If this has been mentioned already, forgive me, I haven't been checking in a lot, but...

They could still finish Top 10 when the playoffs are over. The fact this team couldn't get it done with those two scoring like that shows how much the rest of the team struggled.

Reactions: EightyOne

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Lost because of lack of defense but hey!! Lets keep the offensive d that can't play a lick of defense.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Wasted opportunity for sure. All they needed was one other guy to score and for Murray to make a f***ing save.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Wasted opportunity for sure. All they needed was one other guy to score and for Murray to make a ****ing save.

19 goals between the two. Stamkos, Point, and Kucherov had 21 goals between the three with 7 more games. Honestly, didn't even need scoring from another guy. They just needed one guy to actually play his position. You know the guy they won a Cup without. Who makes 7.25 mill and does absolutely nothing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
19 goals between the two. Stamkos, Point, and Kucherov had 21 goals between the three with 7 more games. Honestly, didn't even need scoring from another guy. They just needed one guy to actually play his position. You know the guy they won a Cup without. Who makes 7.25 mill and does absolutely nothing.
Yeah that, but we also needed Murray not to be ass. He was ass. So was Letang, two asses don't make a SCF appearance, we were past our ass allowance.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Came across this while reading the Lightning board.

Sounds like something Bylsma would say after getting his lunch handed to him by the other coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->