OT: Around the NHL | Two Weeks Until The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinfan66

Sep 9, 2008
Unless the NHL expands to Syria I'm not cheering for the caps...:)
Joking aside I'd rather see MAF & other ex-Pens win.... I am different at worse on the entire Vegas roster.....there are not any players I'd say I don't want to see them lift the cup....for the caps there are a few i rather not see win some I'm indifferent on and zero I want to see win...even their ex pens I'd be "meh" on

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
So, does Shipachyov regret not sticking it out with VGK yet?

He was screwed over after moving his family all the way to NA to play in the NHL. I'm sure he's happy doing what's best for family as opposed to toiling in the AHL - or "sticking it out."

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Only downside of Vegas winning will be the "hot takes" on this board that we should have kept MAF. I dont know if i could take it tbh...

But Washington is just sooo unlikable...

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He was screwed over after moving his family all the way to NA to play in the NHL. I'm sure he's happy doing what's best for family as opposed to toiling in the AHL - or "sticking it out."

I see this as an unfair depiction of what happened. The man has a problem. He also quit his KHL team after it sent him down to a lower league and he refused to play. Vegas was all-in on him, with the caveat that they needed to assign him the first time as a roster move only. If you get a superstar who won't mesh with the team, won't play 200 feet, and won't go all-out in practice, you have to let him go for the good of the team. It also hurt that he had no Russian speaking teammates. There may have been some severe language and cultural barrier issues there.

As far as MAF, letting him go may end up being good for the Pens and I believe it was good for MAF. There is no question it was good for Vegas.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

PeachPitts

May 24, 2018
Champion PA
Man watching Tampa in this series was such a bummer, Washington has 1 dangerous line that's all they got. Backstrom is injured, Oshie is only scoring on the PP. I'm still disappointed that Pittsburgh let them through because of fatigue/ injuries and Letang. Fleury, hopefully you still have the great Ape's number!!!
Let them through? If they only have one good line , what's that say for the competition. Not giving your home team much credit there. Fatigue and injuries are excuses , just like luck and hockey God's, rub some dirt on it and except it.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I think Vegas will win this series. Their team is built on the 2016 pens model, that model gives this Caps team fits. We would have beat the Caps handidly if we were healthy. Or if just a few bounces go differently, we actually in our depleted mode out played the Caps in all but 2 games. Enter vegas, they are healthy, playing as a team and have the best coach and goalie in the playoffs.

The only way that this series is not over in 5 games is if Holtby goes into god mode, and MAF becomes mortal. Even in game 7 against tampa I thought Holtby's rebound control was very suspect, it's just that Tampa never capitalized on that. Which is a bit befuddling. Vegas is the fastest team in the league and will come at them in layers, if there are rebounds like those they are gonna go back in the net when they play against Vegas.

Maybe I'm off base, but I thought the Jets where a bigger, better and faster version of the Capitals and Vegas beat them in 5 games, just sayin...

PeachPitts

May 24, 2018
Champion PA
Caps would rather face any goalie in the league than Fleury right now. They know him all too well. And theres still that Pens connection. Just when they thought they got the pens demons out of their system....they have to go up against Fleury.

A few bad goals let in by Holtby ...look out.

Caps only win if Holtby wins it for them. Its all on him.

Last guy he wants to see across the ice in net is Fleury.
Are you sure? Wouldn't you want to play and beat /lose to one of the best ? Doesn't sound like a formidable attitude unless you LIKE working at Wendy's instead of IBM.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
My point is for all the people here who say that Pens will compete for the Cup next year, that the window is not closed etc. They may well be in playoffs next year, no doubt. But compete for the Cup? No. They lost their last chance this year. Their glory days are already behind them. We're in for a steady decline and we should brace for many dark down seasons when Crosby and Malkin grow old and eventually retire.

Boy our glory days sure went by quick!! :amazed: :sarcasm:

Time to trade Sid and Geno, give Letang the "C" and relocate to Nebraska. :scared: :scared:

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I think Vegas will win this series. Their team is built on the 2016 pens model, that model gives this Caps team fits. We would have beat the Caps handidly if we were healthy. Or if just a few bounces go differently, we actually in our depleted mode out played the Caps in all but 2 games. Enter vegas, they are healthy, playing as a team and have the best coach and goalie in the playoffs.

The only way that this series is not over in 5 games is if Holtby goes into god mode, and MAF becomes mortal. Even in game 7 against tampa I thought Holtby's rebound control was very suspect, it's just that Tampa never capitalized on that. Which is a bit befuddling. Vegas is the fastest team in the league and will come at them in layers, if there are rebounds like those they are gonna go back in the net when they play against Vegas.

Maybe I'm off base, but I thought the Jets where a bigger, better and faster version of the Capitals and Vegas beat them in 5 games, just sayin...

It's funny you say that about Vegas = 2016 Pens. I feel like the Caps are the 2017 Pens where they have a horseshoe up their butts and are getting great goaltending

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.
I'm rooting for Vegas, but more specifically I'm rooting for MAF. Not to prove some point about this goalie compared to that goalie blah blah blah stuff. But because I probably couldn't name 1 player who looks like they have more fun out there than him. It's almost impossible to root against him.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Only downside of Vegas winning will be the "hot takes" on this board that we should have kept MAF. I dont know if i could take it tbh...

But Washington is just sooo unlikable...

We are past that point. Caps losing is much better.

Wouldnt have cared if it was Tampa

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm rooting for Vegas, but more specifically I'm rooting for MAF. Not to prove some point about this goalie compared to that goalie blah blah blah stuff. But because I probably couldn't name 1 player who looks like they have more fun out there than him. It's almost impossible to root against him.

Not many would handle the past two years in Pitt the way he did either.

And didnt leave with any anamosity. Making comments to the media like others have. Neal, Niskanen, etc.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I just don't want to se the cup chicken winged and licked.

The only positive of the Caps winning the Cup is Tom Wilson might confuse Gary Bettman with an opposing player and throw a massive head shot on him as he presents the Cup.

Maybe that will finally be enough to get the idiot thrown out of the league for good.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
The only positive of the Caps winning the Cup is Tom Wilson might confuse Gary Bettman with an opposing player and throw a massive head shot on him as he presents the Cup.

Maybe that will finally be enough to get the idiot thrown out of the league for good.

In 15 years he'll have George Parros' job, I'd get used to him.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I still can't get over Engelland playing regular minutes.

Engelland/McNabb and coasting to the SCF. Engelland, Flower, Reaves, Neal, and Perron. It's almost like we tried putting these players with two of the best players in the world, Crosby and Malkin and it didn't work. Then you look at last years playoffs. This years playoffs. I wonder what the common denominator is :huh: It's almost like rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad