OT: Around the NHL - The Tournament Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I thought Anaheim would get swept, they're getting swept.

That team just doesn't have what it takes to be a deep playoff team. Just too much of the heavy types with speed sprinkled in. Also, those Ducks goalies are more swiss cheese in the playoffs than Fleury circa 2012.
It was funny that the pre-playoffs shows had several bobble heads talking these Ducks up like they were a great Cup candidate. "If Getzlaf is last year's Getzlaf, they can go far" and the like.

Reactions: BHD

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
My favorite HF related thing to the Crosby/Subban deal last year was:

"What a lame ass, Crosby said he had bad breath? Worst trash talker ever. Least cool person. Ever."

Then when it came out that wasn't what was discussed...

"What a loser, can't even have fun in the great joke PK made. Listerine, lol, classic! Stupid Crosby. No personality."

I'm not even exaggerating. lol, it was being discussed in a thread the other day, too. :laugh:

And they still ignore PK having Crosby's leg locked in PKs arms, calling Sid dirty for "head shots."

Just another quick day of perusing the mb.

"Crosby was picking his head up and slamming it onto the ice, multiple times"

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013

ugh. That sucker punch was basically the exact same move he did to Crosby last year.

subban is dirtier than marchand.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

ugh. That sucker punch was basically the exact same move he did to Crosby last year.

subban is dirtier than marchand.

I’ll say it- the white knighting people do on his behalf is a form of virtue signalling that makes me want to puke. The way that some believe that he should be the face of hockey because he’s self-important and obnoxious, or how they can’t *possibly* understand why *anybody* would find his style off-putting is annoying as hell.

That said, great defenseman. He should be suspended 3 games like Kadri.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I honestly didnt think the Ducks would be getting worked this bad.

I figured they would lose but... not like this... not like this. LoL

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, i sorta assumed Getz/Perry would step up like last season BUT SJ is not only got a good roster but they have a great coach.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Sharks have been damn good this year.

Not surprised and wouldn’t be surprised if they make it to the final at all. Been calling them a dark horse all year. Plus, they’re doing this without Thornton.

I'm really surprised to be honest at how Kane has been so effective with the Sharks since being acquired
Definitely a great addition and a guy they should keep around
I also think they have a great shot at signing Tavares this off season

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Boy on the kings/knights thread some kings fans are really unintelligent.

One claims he has no understanding of why people are talking highly of MAF because he rode the pine for 3 cup runs.

I tried to explain 09 he was the guy, and he split literally half the run last yr in net, and without him we probably lose the Washington series.

He in response says "See he only played half the time during 3 runs. He rode the pine!"

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I'm really surprised to be honest at how Kane has been so effective with the Sharks since being acquired
Definitely a great addition and a guy they should keep around
I also think they have a great shot at signing Tavares this off season

Kane always seemed an ideal Western Conf player to me. He was solid in Winnipeg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I honestly didnt think the Ducks would be getting worked this bad.

I figured they would lose but... not like this... not like this. LoL

A lesson i keep telling myself I'll learn: Do not fall for regular season success or teams who are hot. It means nothing come postseason.

Anaheim is having one of those disappointing years every team has. A ton of injuries, never really met potential, and happening at a bad time. I picked them to beat SJ, which reminds me how much I hate predictions. :laugh:

Reactions: USMC607

Bmr55

Apr 17, 2018
Boy on the kings/knights thread some kings fans are really unintelligent.

One claims he has no understanding of why people are talking highly of MAF because he rode the pine for 3 cup runs.

I tried to explain 09 he was the guy, and he split literally half the run last yr in net, and without him we probably lose the Washington series.

He in response says "See he only played half the time during 3 runs. He rode the pine!"

This was posted on the Kings subreddit before the series. Idk how it’s remotely “fair”

Attachments

• B5B401F0-17ED-44DB-A73E-33835E9C6E9C.jpeg
    B5B401F0-17ED-44DB-A73E-33835E9C6E9C.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
A lesson i keep telling myself I'll learn: Do not fall for regular season success or teams who are hot. It means nothing come postseason.

Anaheim is having one of those disappointing years every team has. A ton of injuries, never really met potential, and happening at a bad time. I picked them to beat SJ, which reminds me how much I hate predictions. :laugh:

You and me both

Them, the Kings and Washington are killing my office bracket already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->