OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Always a pleasure to jump into a draft thread full of wife drama from other teams and "player X cost us the Cup" arguments. Is there any information in here actually pertaining to the players we might draft or like to see drafted? lol

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

I'd actually be highly interested if JR cleared the 4-5M he'd probably cost.
He'd thrive in Sully's system(joining/leading the rush/successful pinching/has wheels/good first pass). Offensive numbers would bump back up. Blocks shots. Plays with an edge in his game. Was a minute muncher/hard minutes(heavy DZ starts) on a PO team. Allows you to potentially/eventually move on from Olli. Checks alot of boxes for me.

It probably won't happen but he's not as bad as that article suggests.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Always a pleasure to jump into a draft thread full of wife drama from other teams and "player X cost us the Cup" arguments. Is there any information in here actually pertaining to the players we might draft or like to see drafted? lol

You're in the Around the NHL thread where we're talking about shit happening around the NHL, I mean...there's the draft thread and the salary thread for exactly what you want for a discussion.

Just sayin...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I believe this is what you're looking for:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-nhl-entry-draft.2496425/page-4

On a random note: I really, really don't like these new boards' HTML. It used to be easier to label links with actual descriptions rather than just linking the entire URL.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Man, those Orpik trade proposals on the main board are hilarious. Trying to pawn him off to any damn team so they can re-sign Carlson. Then you have other Caps fans coming in defending him and omg the team just loves him so much. Wilson said they’ll stop partying when Orpik says it’s time to get back to work!!!1 Gag me.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Man, those Orpik trade proposals on the main board are hilarious. Trying to pawn him off to any damn team so they can re-sign Carlson. Then you have other Caps fans coming in defending him and omg the team just loves him so much. Wilson said they’ll stop partying when Orpik says it’s time to get back to work!!!1 Gag me.

Either scenario is going to be funny. Win a cup and trade him for peanuts or lose Carlson to keep him. Orpik is your typical Boston toolbag.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Next up on the Bold and the Senators...

“He’ll have trouble finding work,” said former NHLer Jeff O’Neill, a TSN hockey analyst. “I don’t want him involved in my team. Everybody talks about it being a family. That includes wives, fiancées and girlfriends. They’re heavily involved.”

Kodette LaBarbera, who appeared on the reality TV show Hockey Wives and whose husband, Jason, is a retired NHL goalie, tweeted on Tuesday: “No team will welcome this girl to the (wives) room.”

“This person has no business going anywhere near the women in the hockey community ever again,” tweeted Taylor Winnik, whose husband, Daniel, plays for the Minnesota Wild, and who also appeared on Hockey Wives.

In some cases, the off-ice drama seeps into the dressing room.
One player, who did not want to be named, said he was a on a team that was forced into making a trade after two wives got into a fight in the lounge. If that wasn’t bad enough, the other wives made it known which wife had to go.
“We traded the really good player, because they wanted his wife out of the wives’ lounge,” he said. “We were like, ‘No! Don’t trade him. Trade the other guy.’”
http://nationalpost.com/sports/hock...t-help-mike-hoffmans-nhl-career#comments-area

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Oh? I agree 100% with what they said today.

He was REEEEEing for like 5 minutes at the mere suggestion of meeting not Trump, but anybody even related to him or affiliated in some manner with him. Like him or not, that’s probably 40% of his listenership he annoyed by being a polarized hack. Adam Wilde, who I often disagree with, was a mature adult by contrast.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He was REEEEEing for like 5 minutes at the mere suggestion of meeting not Trump, but anybody even related to him or affiliated in some manner with him. Like him or not, that’s probably 40% of his listenership he annoyed by being a polarized hack.

I hope it comes out that Matthews is a huge Trump supporter.

Leafs fans are the most annoying fans in all of sports.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He was REEEEEing for like 5 minutes at the mere suggestion of meeting not Trump, but anybody even related to him or affiliated in some manner with him. Like him or not, that’s probably 40% of his listenership he annoyed by being a polarized hack. Adam Wilde, who I often disagree with, was a mature adult by contrast.

I think every member of that podcast made it well know they don’t care about the “40%”.

Whatever we shouldn’t even be discussing this because the mods are going to get annoyed.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think every member of that podcast made it well know they don’t care about the “40%”.

Whatever we shouldn’t even be discussing this because the mods are going to get annoyed.

That’s fine if they don’t from a business standpoint, it’s stupid from a human ignorance and moral assumption stand point and that’s all I’ll say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad