OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Yeah I can’t see this ending well for the Sens. Who is going to pony up serious assets to get Hoffman after all that baggage?

I don't think the whole story is out yet, but in any event, maybe if no one will pony up serious assets, maybe someone will pony up lesser assets and buy on the cheap.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't think the whole story is out yet, but in any event, maybe if no one will pony up serious assets, maybe someone will pony up lesser assets and buy on the cheap.

Oh I’m sure Hoffman will have suitors. He’s too good of a goal scorer not to.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Yeah, he isn't CPZ, who hasn't been out of the E since he was banished from WBS.

It is kind of a freaky story though.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Put two women in a room. They'll become enemies.

I've seen some cat fights, sure, but man some of the stuff she has allegedly said in person, forget the messed up social media comments, but my goodness man, take his legs out, other comments...wow.

I feel like if the personal comments are true, Hoffman has to know about those. Because personally, I've had some catty people from my gf's work say something to my gf once and I was like whoa hold up and I was on the other side of it and I saw their bf's and husbands look at me like "please don't hit us for their stupidity..."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If true, probably a combination of jealousy, mental illness, and the culture of social media/the internet.

Nah don't blame the culture of social media.

All that has done is give idiots an open platform to express their opinions to everyone, in real time, to the world. Those people were never less stupid, they're just stupid it with a megaphone aka social media.

The mental illness part, maybe, she seems insanely jealous for no reason. I mean Karlsson isn't even the same position and has won accolades for how freakishly good he is, to even be jealous of that implies her husband/boyfriend ever had a shot winning anything.

I think we try so hard to put a label on shitty people that sometimes you just have to realize that shitty people are just shitty people, don't give them a crutch.

Yeah I can’t see this ending well for the Sens. Who is going to pony up serious assets to get Hoffman after all that baggage?

I guarantee you, Melnyk won't even be mad, he'll pretend to be mad, but he'll more so be happy to find a way out of Hoffman's contract by suspending him for misconduct and then monkey around with that as much as he can so Hoffman just leaves.

But that room, when Karlsson is traded, I can't imagine the rest of that squad wanting him around and how do you want to be around knowing the rest of your team mates hate your woman of whom you are standing by to support in this.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Recently on "As the Senators Turn..."

Now Labarbera's and Winnik's wives have come in to support and basically said she was a ticking time bomb (Hoffman's gf/fiance) and Mark Stone's gf/wife said something in support to EK's wife but then deleted it, Mark likely saying "whoa lets back out of this..."

I know it's guilty until proven innocent, but hot damn, you'd need the miracle of miracles to prove that this isn't guilty af.

Keep in mind, Labarbera's and Winnik's wives have never played with Hoffman. Even THEY knew.

Last edited:

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
It's easy to vilify Hoffman in this but we don't know the whole story. Maybe she was really good at hiding her crazy from him. Other wives knew, you'd figure he must know something but I've known people who have gotten cheated on and everybody else knew while they didn't. Plus, he's been with this woman for years. By the sounds of it, she's got some serious mental problems. Those could arise and worsen over time, maybe it's been a gradual thing that wasn't there or obvious before. Hard to just get up and leave somebody you love when they need help the most. And if it's all true, this woman clearly needs professional help.

Or she could just be a garbage human being of "sound" mind, I don't know.

It's a tough spot for Hoffman. He could lose his career because of sticking by a loved one. Or, they could be like minded individuals in which case I wouldn't feel bad for him at all. I'm not sure what to think, what a mess. It must suck to be a Sens fan, sheesh.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. There are just some folks who if you were told "this person is a nutjob", you'd look at them and be all, "Yep, I can see that".

For some reason it's always the eyes that stand out the most on a nutty person like that. I thought the same when I first met a co-worker's girlfriend (although I wouldn't go as far to say she's a nutjob, just eccentric). It's always the eyes that can be a dead giveaway.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Recently on "As the Senators Turn..."

Now Labarbera's and Winnik's wives have come in to support and basically said she was a ticking time bomb (Hoffman's gf/fiance) and Mark Stone's gf/wife said something in support to EK's wife but then deleted it, Mark likely saying "whoa lets back out of this..."

I know it's guilty until proven innocent, but hot damn, you'd need the miracle of miracles to prove that this isn't guilty af.

Keep in mind, Labarbera's and Winnik's wives have never played with Hoffman. Even THEY knew.

yuPqcFi.gif

Agreed on the innocent until proven guilty thing, but regardless this can't be good for the team overall. It's a toxic environment either way.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
This is pathetic dude

How? Riskanen proved what I've been saying the whole time. Game 5 was Game 7. After playing 300+ games this Pens team wasn't going to be able to win two in a row against the Caps. Game 5... Up 1 in the 3rd and then...

VY8cF3.gif

Not only is it the reason we lost to them but he's saying it gave them the confidence that they could win the Cup. So Capitals are Champions thanks to Kris Letang.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
How? Riskanen proved what I've been saying the whole time. Game 5 was Game 7. After playing 300+ games this Pens team wasn't going to be able to win two in a row against the Caps. Game 5... Up 1 in the 3rd and then...

VY8cF3.gif

Not only is it the reason we lost to them but he's saying it gave them the confidence that they could win the Cup. So Capitals are Champions thanks to Kris Letang.
I'm gonna put you on ignore now but like, you realize it's not normal or healthy to fixate on something this much, right? I hope you find a way forward

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm gonna put you on ignore now but like, you realize it's not normal or healthy to fixate on something this much, right? I hope you find a way forward

But when it was Craig Adams or Kunitz it was okay but since it's Letang... At least be consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->