OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
This is absolutely wild. Melinda Karlsson filed a restraining order against Mike Hoffman's girlfriend because she wouldn't stop harassing her over the death of her and Erik's kid? So ****ed up.

Mike Hoffman's longtime girlfriend allegedly behind campaign of harassment against Melinda and Erik Karlsson

How can Hoffman stay with her after that? I mean the average guy might stay with a girl that good looking even if she did something this nutty, but Hoffman is a millionaire. He'll have other, less nutty options.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
How can Hoffman stay with her after that? I mean the average guy might stay with a girl that good looking even if she did something this nutty, but Hoffman is a millionaire. He'll have other, less nutty options.
To be fair these are still just allegations. There could be more to this than meets the eye. Either way it's just awful the Karlsson's have gone through anything like this.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
To be fair these are still just allegations. There could be more to this than meets the eye. Either way it's just awful the Karlsson's have gone through anything like this.
Yeah, and Hoffman has already denied it apparently. Still pretty insane either way. I would think there has to be something credible tying her to the accounts to get this far.

Reactions: Sideline

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Caps parade looked very weak for a city winning their first Championship in 25 years. All I've seen is pictures and videos of the stairs filled and a low angle shot at the the stage. At least the NHL will make money off merch and could keep up with the MLB and NFL first time winners. Once they go back to choking in the 2nd round, all these bandwagons will be gone again.

This is the biggest parade turnout for a championship team ever!!!!

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
This is the biggest parade turnout for a championship team ever!!!!

tenor.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

It's odd, I mean you wouldn't go THAT far knowing the implications it would have on your husband and his team mates if you didn't know it to be true. I think one of the comments could have possibly hinted at something someone might have said to her in person that she heard about and likely spurred that accusation.

But yeah, it just seems like something like this wouldn't go this far if they didn't have some proof behind it. Curious how this turns out.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It's odd, I mean you wouldn't go THAT far knowing the implications it would have on your husband and his team mates if you didn't know it to be true. I think one of the comments could have possibly hinted at something someone might have said to her in person that she heard about and likely spurred that accusation.

But yeah, it just seems like something like this wouldn't go this far if they didn't have some proof behind it. Curious how this turns out.

Restraining orders are ridiculously easy to get. Especially of the temporary nature. I'm not sure how Canada is though. If this was even filed in Canada.

I did not read the link lol.

But yeah, you'd have to be real crazy to do this if you weren't 1000% sure you were correct. The damage to everyone's careers would be immense.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Restraining orders are ridiculously easy to get. Especially of the temporary nature. I'm not sure how Canada is though. If this was even filed in Canada.

I did not read the link lol.

But yeah, you'd have to be real crazy to do this if you weren't 1000% sure you were correct. The damage to everyone's careers would be immense.

Yeah, which is why I don't think it's false or anything like that. First off, you now have other team mates coming to your aid, two guys that aren't with the team anymore but were very close when they were there are backing you up, so there has to be some fire where that smoke is coming from.

Reactions: EightyOne

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Am I the only one who thinks Ovechkin getting drunk everywhere is ****ing ridiculous?

That's like Gronk on steroids.

I hope he keeps drinking beer/wine/champagne all summer long. Whoop it up ape. I wish him no physical harm...just a 20-35 pound weight gain:nod:. Let him come into training camp like he did for the '13-14 season. He showed up sloppy fat. His belly looked like 60 lbs of chewed of bubble gum.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Two things I'm curious to see (assuming the report turns out to be accurate):

1) Did Hoffman know his fiance was doing this before this all broke earlier today?

2) Even if he didn't know before today, are teams going to avoid trading for him or signing him in the future unless he breaks off his engagement? Any team would be well within their right to not want to deal with the additional baggage of a nutty significant other/relative of a bottom 6 player.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Two things I'm curious to see (assuming the report turns out to be accurate):

1) Did Hoffman know his fiance was doing this before this all broke earlier today?

2) Even if he didn't know before today, are teams going to avoid trading for him or signing him in the future unless he breaks off his engagement? Any team would be well within their right to not want to deal with the additional baggage of a nutty significant other/relative of a bottom 6 player.

Remember when CPZ's wife talked trash?

Never let anyone speak for you, wife, friend, etc.

Reactions: EightyOne

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Any team would be well within their right to not want to deal with the additional baggage of a nutty significant other/relative of a bottom 6 player.
Hoffman definitely isn't a bottom 6 guy, he's a good player which makes this even more interesting to see what happens with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->