OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Watching how Caps were awarded the Cup and Ovechkin and the rest of their jerks screaming with joy... I just can't help thinking what losers this years Penguins are to let them get there and win this thing. They should've been there, celebrating, not these trapping headshooting idiots.

Penguins MUST retool their roster, trade a few dead weight pieces, load up for the next year and win this cup back next year. Crosby Malkin and Murray better spend the whole summer with a burning flares deep up their buttholes to tear the league and the Caps apart next season, they just can't play next season like lazy morons like they did this past season.

I'm very angry and frustrated.

Are you serious with this? :laugh:

The Penguins win 2 straight Stanley Cups, and because they don't win a 3rd in a row that makes them losers? I think if you're that angry and frustrated you need to take a look in the mirror and maybe get some counselling.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have some issues with how the officiating was handled and how little the DoPS did to keep the players safe in the playoffs, but I can't be mad at a team winning after wanting it for so long, even when that one moron was out of their line-up, they still beat us, oh well, move on.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's not a Sully thing, it's been a "Penguins" thing for a while.

"We need to get tougher!"
*Tough guy comes in and fights, team starts to bench him all of a sudden*
"We don't need a tough guy anymore!"
*Incident happens where one would have been handy...*
"We need to get tougher!"

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1602

Ryan Reaves fight card shows he fought 4 times in 15-16, 6 times in 16-17, and 6 times in 17-18. He didn't fight any less in Pittsburgh than St Louis so sounds like you made it up. He just wasn't very good here.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I knew the fix was in when Wilson was allowed to break somebody's jaw and hit Marchessault way late and only get 2 games. March was probably concussed and never looked the same. That changed the whole series. They won but it was very very dirty. They will get theirs next season.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I knew the fix was in when Wilson was allowed to break somebody's jaw and hit Marchessault way late and only get 2 games. March was probably concussed and never looked the same. That changed the whole series. They won but it was very very dirty. They will get theirs next season.

First, no it didn't.
Second, no they won't.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
First, no it didn't.
Second, no they won't.

Yep. If anything Capitals will abuse teams again. They are a tough squad. If anything the Penguins will get abused next season. This year was an exception to the normal, which is team wide injuries were key players are out for a quarter of the season if not longer.

This year it was relatively healthy team - maybe because they didn't even try to play half the time - but alas come the post season stretch all the injuries pile up like usual.
Ehhhhh.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why is it that Kovalchuk can skip out on his contract and retire and the Devils only keep his rights until he turns 35?
He signed that contract and he is returning to the NHL so how is that even a thing he can skirt that contract he signed and not owe the devils anything? He still owes the Devils, what, 10 years?
Something is fishy there.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
What about the worse player on the team, Letang? He basically handed them the Cup.

He is on my "trade dead weight pieces" list.

Although these days there is a strong endorsement of an idea that he had a very good season where he drove possession and generated a lot of offense and his mistakes are minor and irrelevant and correctable.

Also I'm not sure if these people aren't really trolling the rest of the fanbase.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Are you serious with this? :laugh:

The Penguins win 2 straight Stanley Cups, and because they don't win a 3rd in a row that makes them losers? I think if you're that angry and frustrated you need to take a look in the mirror and maybe get some counselling.

If you can understand written text, I wrote "THIS YEAR'S PENGUINS". This year they played like losers, especially in games 5 and 6. I'm still not over this loss.

And if you can calmly watch Caps celebrations - then you simply don't care about the Pens. It's your right, I have no problem with it, just don't tell others how to root for their team.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If you can understand written text, I wrote "THIS YEAR'S PENGUINS". This year they played like losers, especially in games 5 and 6. I'm still not over this loss.

And if you can calmly watch Caps celebrations - then you simply don't care about the Pens. It's your right, I have no problem with it, just don't tell others how to root for their team.

Yup, THIS YEAR'S PENGUINS having come off back-to-back championships and having played around 300 games since October 2015. How dare they not three-peat like all those other teams have since the Islanders of the early 80's! :sarcasm:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

:laugh:

So because having back to back Cups with Sid and Geno and another with them from '09 helps ease the sting for me... this means I don't care???

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pixiesfanyo

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
He is on my "trade dead weight pieces" list.

Although these days there is a strong endorsement of an idea that he had a very good season where he drove possession and generated a lot of offense and his mistakes are minor and irrelevant and correctable.

Also I'm not sure if these people aren't really trolling the rest of the fanbase.

Yeah, he's been dead weight for awhile now.

14-15... Injured and didn't play playoffs
15-16... Played alright
16-17... Didn't play and won the Cup
17-18... Cost us the 3peat

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Can the penguins hire Ines Sainz do the pre and post game ... everythings. puh puh puhleez
I'm for equality and there is too much testosterone going on here.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Can the penguins hire Ines Sainz do the pre and post game ... everythings. puh puh puhleez
I'm for equality and there is too much testosterone going on here.
tX1ObQe.gif

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Bylsma and Blashill worked together for USA at the World Championship. I can see him as AC, but it would be weird as hell to see him as HC in Detroit.

Regardless, I expect him to have them practicing stretch passes across the Ambassador Bridge.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Caps parade looked very weak for a city winning their first Championship in 25 years. All I've seen is pictures and videos of the stairs filled and a low angle shot at the the stage. At least the NHL will make money off merch and could keep up with the MLB and NFL first time winners. Once they go back to choking in the 2nd round, all these bandwagons will be gone again.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
That's probably all he's qualified to be. As long as he's not responsible for any teaching or strategy, he'd be a good AC.

Actually you have to give him credit for the faceoff plays he diagrammed. Pretty darn good with those when he was with the Pens. But he's probably best suited for an Asst Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad