DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
eCtl0XA.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Usually the Cup winner's style dictates how the league will trend towards for what they want to emulate.

A lot of head shot artists are suddenly getting in the best shape of their lives, their time to shine!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Gotta think WSH makes moves to keep Carlson now. Only one i can see thats doable is shipping Orpik off while retaining Kempny on the cheap.
Hopefully with the Cup win, Wilson and his agent demand top dollar.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm confused. You wanted a new thread to shed this post season. Yet you get right back to it.
I'm talking about the trend for next season.

Every season, after a team wins the cup, that cup winning team's style is what people try to replicate. So I wonder, will teams start going back to the "size size size!" method? The Caps were a blend of the Kings championship team and the Pens championship team, a split of goonery + speed and talent.

Or will the league really take a hard look at the officiating which was horrendous.

Also, any word on the Seattle thing?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gotta think WSH makes moves to keep Carlson now. Only one i can see thats doable is shipping Orpik off while retaining Kempny on the cheap.
Hopefully with the Cup win, Wilson and his agent demand top dollar.

They also need to sign Grubauer, so I wonder if they'll just move him and go with Copley as their back-up. Or will they learn from our mistake and keep Grubby and move him if another goalie emerges if an injury arises.

Doesn't Orpik have a NTC?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They also need to sign Grubauer, so I wonder if they'll just move him and go with Copley as their back-up. Or will they learn from our mistake and keep Grubby and move him if another goalie emerges if an injury arises.

Doesn't Orpik have a NTC?

I'm thinking they move Grubauer. Friedman mentioned 3 teams already calling.
According to CF, Orpik has zero restrictions on his contract.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Didn't Caps fans make it a huge deal about how "Backy" and Ovy bringing the cup to Orpik?

In any case, at 5.5m/yr for 1 final year, I wonder if a team desperate to get to the cap floor will be willing.

I'm curious which teams are interested in Grubauer, also if maybe JR would move Jarry as well.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

On the Orpik subject, if the penguins don't hire some in-your-fat-face-I'm-hit-you-and-make-you-pay defense-man I will explode myself for 2018-19. This soff shit has got to stop. Get 2-3 movers and 2-3 punishers for crying out loud.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
On the Orpik subject, if the penguins don't hire some in-your-fat-face-I'm-hit-you-and-make-you-pay defense-man I will explode myself for 2018-19. This soff **** has got to stop. Get 2-3 movers and 2-3 punishers for crying out loud.

Why? Capitals likely lose to a team with a gamebreaker and a goaltender who doesn’t historically fold.

Keep our roster, if we move Kessel or Letang it’s for the future. If not, move out Maatta for a better skater.

Reactions: Shady Machine

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why? Capitals likely lose to a team with a gamebreaker and a goaltender who doesn’t historically fold.

Keep our roster, if we move Kessel or Letang it’s for the future. If not, move out Maatta for a better skater.
Penguins d was bad. Wasn't the worst in the post season, but it was pretty rough. Honestly, having tang and his countless screw ups I don't think any D corps could have overcome this post season.

I don't know. It was a shock seeing dumo being the penguins o d man?! Great chances he couldn't pot anything. I don't know. I'm beyond words here.

I just want teams to pay for offensive pressure in the post season with a hard hitting d line. Penguins are soft as hell on the d corps.

Reactions: Pens17

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
On the Orpik subject, if the penguins don't hire some in-your-fat-face-I'm-hit-you-and-make-you-pay defense-man I will explode myself for 2018-19. This soff **** has got to stop. Get 2-3 movers and 2-3 punishers for crying out loud.

I don't know if the soft "shit" is the team or if it's just the way Sully wants the team played. He neutered Reaves, seems to punish players that will fight, etc. So I wonder how much of that is the team and how much is the coach that just doesn't think that is necessary to win (which he's wrong about, you need a few guys that will punish players in the crease).

Someone mentioned Tryamkin.

Tryamkin and Brouwer Start Scrum in front of Miller (Feb. 18, 2017) (TSN 1040)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't know if the soft "****" is the team or if it's just the way Sully wants the team played. He neutered Reaves, seems to punish players that will fight, etc. So I wonder how much of that is the team and how much is the coach that just doesn't think that is necessary to win (which he's wrong about, you need a few guys that will punish players in the crease).

Love the 60fps from the first two videos and the music from the 3rd is just scurry.
Yes though. Some big bad hard hitter man, what the hell is so wrong with having a hard hitting home staying d man?! Need at least one!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Love the 60fps from the first two videos and the music from the 3rd is just scurry.
Yes though. Some big bad hard hitter man, what the hell is so wrong with having a hard hitting home staying d man?! Need at least one!
I still think we have that in Oleksiak, there's a lot of the Dallas stink he had to cleanse himself of, I think next year we see a huge year out of the kid.

But yeah, any guy the team adds on the blueline, has to be someone that has an edge, also someone that can skate.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Penguins d was bad. Wasn't the worst in the post season, but it was pretty rough. Honestly, having tang and his countless screw ups I don't think any D corps could have overcome this post season.

I don't know. It was a shock seeing dumo being the penguins o d man?! Great chances he couldn't pot anything. I don't know. I'm beyond words here.

I just want teams to pay for offensive pressure in the post season with a hard hitting d line. Penguins are soft as hell on the d corps.

So are the Chicago Blackhawks and arguably the Capitals. Orpik is a joke, and lamenting a player like him is dumb. Plus, Olekisak is fine.

Reactions: Shady Machine

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So are the Chicago Blackhawks and arguably the Capitals. Orpik is a joke, and lamenting a player like him is dumb. Plus, Olekisak is fine.
Orpik is out yes, he was lucky to land a good team since he left the penguins. Guy is almost 40.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I still think we have that in Oleksiak, there's a lot of the Dallas stink he had to cleanse himself of, I think next year we see a huge year out of the kid.

But yeah, any guy the team adds on the blueline, has to be someone that has an edge, also someone that can skate.
I have no problem with big O, but I'd rather add Penny to the 3rd pairing that what it is/was this season.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Watching how Caps were awarded the Cup and Ovechkin and the rest of their jerks screaming with joy... I just can't help thinking what losers this years Penguins are to let them get there and win this thing. They should've been there, celebrating, not these trapping headshooting idiots.

Penguins MUST retool their roster, trade a few dead weight pieces, load up for the next year and win this cup back next year. Crosby Malkin and Murray better spend the whole summer with a burning flares deep up their buttholes to tear the league and the Caps apart next season, they just can't play next season like lazy morons like they did this past season.

I'm very angry and frustrated.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm talking about the trend for next season.

Every season, after a team wins the cup, that cup winning team's style is what people try to replicate. So I wonder, will teams start going back to the "size size size!" method? The Caps were a blend of the Kings championship team and the Pens championship team, a split of goonery + speed and talent.

Or will the league really take a hard look at the officiating which was horrendous.

Also, any word on the Seattle thing?

Honestly the Caps aren’t that big of goons.
They just happen to have a star player that hits like a truck and a Tom Wilson. I hate the guy, but he’s a good hockey player. The goonery from him can be found in the league but the combo of that and being an impactful player is hard to find. My point is it’s hard to replicate Ovechkin and Tom Wilson.

You can find an Oshie or an Orpik but not the other 2.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't know if the soft "****" is the team or if it's just the way Sully wants the team played. He neutered Reaves, seems to punish players that will fight, etc. So I wonder how much of that is the team and how much is the coach that just doesn't think that is necessary to win (which he's wrong about, you need a few guys that will punish players in the crease).

This “he neutered Reaves” thing needs to stop. It’s based on zero evidence. The guy just wasn’t very good here. He couldn’t PK for shit and was playing a fair amount of the season with Rowney and Kuhnhackl so they saw limited ice time at ES. Please explain what Sully did to neuter the guy.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Watching how Caps were awarded the Cup and Ovechkin and the rest of their jerks screaming with joy... I just can't help thinking what losers this years Penguins are to let them get there and win this thing. They should've been there, celebrating, not these trapping headshooting idiots.

Penguins MUST retool their roster, trade a few dead weight pieces, load up for the next year and win this cup back next year. Crosby Malkin and Murray better spend the whole summer with a burning flares deep up their buttholes to tear the league and the Caps apart next season, they just can't play next season like lazy morons like they did this past season.

I'm very angry and frustrated.

What about the worse player on the team, Letang? He basically handed them the Cup.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I wonder what the Flyers are going to do this off season.

This year is the first year in a long time that the Flyers have lots of cap space, i haven't heard one insider mention anything about them this year.

They gotta have something up their sleeve.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

This year is the first year in a long time that the Flyers have lots of cap space, i haven't heard one insider mention anything about them this year.

If they were smart, they’d make a big play for Grubauer....

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

Hextall is likely preparing their roster for the contracts they’re going to have to give their D.

They’d be smart to move Giroux or Voracek for a big return.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This “he neutered Reaves” thing needs to stop. It’s based on zero evidence. The guy just wasn’t very good here. He couldn’t PK for **** and was playing a fair amount of the season with Rowney and Kuhnhackl so they saw limited ice time at ES. Please explain what Sully did to neuter the guy.

It's not a Sully thing, it's been a "Penguins" thing for a while.

"We need to get tougher!"
*Tough guy comes in and fights, team starts to bench him all of a sudden*
"We don't need a tough guy anymore!"
*Incident happens where one would have been handy...*
"We need to get tougher!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad