OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
People suggesting on the main boards that it'll start Saturday night bc the wizards are at home Friday

Truth??

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I love the idea that the Caps have nothing to prove and all the expectations are on the Pens, even though Wash is once again the higher seed and the Penguins already banked two Cups at their recent expense.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Because he had 2 shutouts in Round 1 and won 2 Cups as a rookie. Your memory only seems to go back to the most recent game.
This has been his worst season as a starter. Not a knock on the kid, just reality. All 3 remaining goalies in the East are better than him as of this moment.

If Murray plays to his potential, he is right there with them.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
People suggesting on the main boards that it'll start Saturday night bc the wizards are at home Friday

Truth??
I'm guessing Friday / Saturday because the Leafs B's are playing Wednesday. League break thursday. Games Friday/Saturday starting round 2.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm guessing Friday / Saturday because the Leafs B's are playing Wednesday. League break thursday. Games Friday/Saturday starting round 2.
I don't think it can be Friday in Washington though. So it should be Thursday or Saturday. Here's hoping Uncle Gary gives us a gift and delays it until Saturday.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't think it can be Friday in Washington though. So it should be Thursday or Saturday. Here's hoping Uncle Gary gives us a gift and delays it until Saturday.

I'm looking at last years schedule and the last game of round 1 was April 23. The first round 2 game was April 26.

Interesting. Round 2 can start as late as Saturday??

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I really thought that the Blue Jackets had the series when they won the first two in Washington. Couldn't even get a split at home.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I really thought that the Blue Jackets had the series when they won the first two in Washington. Couldn't even get a split at home.

They choked, plain and simple. They won the first two games in Washington, then couldn't even muster a single win on home ice the rest of the way.

Columbus needs an elite 1C in the worst possible way. You don't win in this league if all your best scorers are on the wing.

Reactions: TNT87

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That Game 7 is either going to a statement game from the Bruins or a tightly contested game in favour of the Leafs.

I hope the Bruins lose, if only because they're the team from the Atlantic that I least want to see the Pens face, assuming they react the conference finals. Not saying the Lightning or Leafs would be easy matchups, quite the contrary . . . just that the Bruins always have been a bad matchup for the Pens.

Reactions: BHD

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Bobrovsky will make a highlight reel save, but then he'll go on to give up 4+ goals the rest of the way.

I'm pretty sure Washington scored at least 3 goals on him every game this series, even the ones Columbus won.
Read the back log posts. Bob gave up 3 goals since 2014. Its here somewhere.

The Gobfather*

May 2, 2014
I hope the Bruins lose, if only because they're the team from the Atlantic that I least want to see the Pens face, assuming they react the conference finals. Not saying the Lightning or Leafs would be easy matchups, quite the contrary . . . just that the Bruins always have been a bad matchup for the Pens.
I only am afraid of them cause of the stuff the nhl lets them get away with

Reactions: KIRK

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I hope the Bruins lose just because of how smug their fanbase is about how they're too good for everyone in the East and will steamroll anyone they face.

It would be funny if they ended up blowing a 3-1 series lead and losing to the Leafs. I don't think it will happen, mind you. But I'd love it if it did.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I only am afraid of them cause of the stuff the nhl lets them get away with

Well, that definitely is one of the big reasons they've had our number for the last decade. That and a moron for Penguins coach for most of that time. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad