Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I've been watching what I can of TB's games even though I'm still counted as being in the viewing area so blackout rules and all that. The spin move goal Serg wristed while Ehlers was trying to defend him in the Jets game was just exceptional. The kid remains endlessly entertaining.

Murray's 2nd biggest failure...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Murray's 2nd biggest failure...

Behind Disco right? Probably. KB was pushing hard for McAvoy too and look how that's turned out. Not saying getting into this team's development area would've put them in the same place, but it's hard to see two guys who should be in Norris conversation in a position of team weakness and look at that as a win for Tim.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I agree. And by not doing the usual Q&A routine, he provides a clear distinction to his Jackets team that performance was dog-crap bad. Contrast that with Housley's insistence he's seeing good things despite the losses. At some point, if I'm a player, especially a young one, I'm thinking, well, we obviously can be playing worse, so it's not that bad, and he (Housley) can't be that disappointed.

And, I think it's very fair, in any business / enterprise / or even a family, to occasionally, yet politely, say you're not going to say anything. Or, to say what needs to be said, and then say you don't wish to speak of it again.

I get the desire for attacks on Housley but by making it about him you're giving Torts pass for acting like a petulant child. He has a successful team that had a bad game. Boo f***ing hoo. Man up and talk to the press. Its the middle of the season. He didn't just lose a tough game in the Cup Finals.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I get the desire for attacks on Housley but by making it about him you're giving Torts pass for acting like a petulant child. He has a successful team that had a bad game. Boo ****ing hoo. Man up and talk to the press. Its the middle of the season. He didn't just lose a tough game in the Cup Finals.

I thought his antics are clearly aimed at his players. He's not going to talk about how bad they were because they got shelled by an Oiler team that's had a hard time getting out of its own way. Looks like some sort of motivational technique, albeit ham-fisted.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
What's up with the Oilers? One night they blow out a team, the next night they get blown out, and this has happened more than once.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Man... that was a tough read....

off topic... this quote stood out:

The BPA methodology has probably evolved since Sather's days :sarcasm:

Excellent piece.

As for the Oilers, it was probably Kevin Prendergast who wasn't a good scout with Edmonton nor was I happy when the Sabres hired him.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Tank staying strong last night. Both Edmonton and Ottawa win. #top5
To quote a great movie...

• You've got 36 hours to crack this bastard...
  • 01:04:59 ...or you might want to think about another career.
  • 01:05:13 It's Toretto (Arizona), Brian. It always has been Toretto (Arizona).
  • 01:05:18 Tran (Ottawa) and Hector (Edmonton) are...
  • 01:05:20 They're just fumes.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
A player who sucked here doing well for a better organization? Couldn't be any less surprised.
Something something its the players, right? :sarcasm:

But yeah, depth players usually look like garbage on trash teams, and look serviceable on decent to good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad