Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

That brings us to Houston and Quebec City. Both are on the sidelines for now, which is exactly where Gary Bettman wants, and in fact, needs them. Both cities have arenas that are ready to host games in state-of-the-art facilities that would be great for hockey, and both have owners with deep pockets.

As discussed on these pages before Tilman Fertita, the owner the the NBA’s Houston Rockets, wants a team. He has met with the NHL and has been asking more questions than he’s answering. He is doing his due diligence on the NHL, as they are doing on him. And to be perfectly honest, with the business front office of an NBA team (ticketing, marketing, sponsorship) they are ready to go at any point.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Under-productive but one sought-after former high draft pick? Zemgus with an add-on?

I’m intrigued. Max and Sam together again could be fun.

I actually wonder if something like Zemgus and a second could get it done. Who knows how Arizona feels about Domi...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’m intrigued. Max and Sam together again could be fun.

I actually wonder if something like Zemgus and a second could get it done. Who knows how Arizona feels about Domi...

I've wondered if Duclair would be an easier "get" since he's been a scratch at times this season. Either way, those guys had some magic together and it was fun to watch.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
technical difficulties.jpg

Reactions: Chainshot

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
TBL vs STL Blues... a Stanley Cup preview? Lighting 3 - 0 victory.

Great hockey. Blues gotta be kicking themselves for missed opportunities to score but Tampa is a very, very, VERY good team. Vasilevsky (sp) outstanding in goal. Kucherov is the real deal. Hedman, Johnson... oh yeah, what's that guy's name.... Sam... Stan......Stamkos!!! (chuckle).

I thought St Louis was the top team in the league until tonight.......

Also envy Jame who gets to see these guys all the time.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Great hockey. Blues gotta be kicking themselves for missed opportunities to score but Tampa is a very, very, VERY good team. Vasilevsky (sp) outstanding in goal. Kucherov is the real deal. Hedman, Johnson... oh yeah, what's that guy's name.... Sam... Stan......Stamkos!!! (chuckle).

Luckily Tampa only has Serg and Point looking like budding superstars too...fml lol

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

They are insanely entertaining... There's definitely an element of watching the last 5 years of the Sabres being the most boring team in history.... but the Lightning play the game the way you would want it marketed to the world.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'm actually LMAO that the title is 'disappearing GDT'. Looks like I'm not the only one using the ignore feature.

oh man that's hilarious....
Please let me start the next Roster Speculation thread... imagine how many people would be left out ;)

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
He's still stuck in 2006. I cannot stand his brand of coaching. Furthermore, he's a pompous asshat.
TO be fair, they got hammered by a bad team. I wouldn't want to speak to the media if I were him either :) Cause Columbus is a good team and they shouldn't be losing 7-2. Even we don't concede 7 goals almost ever...

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
TO be fair, they got hammered by a bad team. I wouldn't want to speak to the media if I were him either :) Cause Columbus is a good team and they shouldn't be losing 7-2. Even we don't concede 7 goals almost ever...

I agree. And by not doing the usual Q&A routine, he provides a clear distinction to his Jackets team that performance was dog-crap bad. Contrast that with Housley's insistence he's seeing good things despite the losses. At some point, if I'm a player, especially a young one, I'm thinking, well, we obviously can be playing worse, so it's not that bad, and he (Housley) can't be that disappointed.

And, I think it's very fair, in any business / enterprise / or even a family, to occasionally, yet politely, say you're not going to say anything. Or, to say what needs to be said, and then say you don't wish to speak of it again.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Looks like Pastrnak is a diver. Stick between the legs and his feet magically go flying.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They are insanely entertaining... There's definitely an element of watching the last 5 years of the Sabres being the most boring team in history.... but the Lightning play the game the way you would want it marketed to the world.

I've been watching what I can of TB's games even though I'm still counted as being in the viewing area so blackout rules and all that. The spin move goal Serg wristed while Ehlers was trying to defend him in the Jets game was just exceptional. The kid remains endlessly entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad