Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
The two old franchises were named Metropolitans and Totums. Second one isn't happening due to Native American sensitivities. First one makes sense only historically.

Seals is OK. Thunder?

There's no way the stuff board of directors lets them go with Kraken.

Gotta be the Seals.... old logo and all.
How do we protect Will Carrier AGAIN ??? Lol

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
The two old franchises were named Metropolitans and Totums. Second one isn't happening due to Native American sensitivities. First one makes sense only historically.

Seals is OK. Thunder?

There's no way the stuff board of directors lets them go with Kraken.
Ahahaha, you don't follow the NBA, huh?

You'd be drawn and quartered for mentioning that in Seattle.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
seattle_supersonics_justin_wilkinson_a.png

71ba1b32701423.Y3JvcCwxMTgzLDkyNSwyNTEsMA.png

I'd do some combo of these two. Take the basketball out of both, and have the jet flying up into the tower. Take the "S" off.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
A lot of Seattle fans are already Canuck fans, this shall be interesting.

The boarder between Vancouver and Seattle is a lot like the boarder between Fort Erie and Buffalo with 'Freindship Festivals' and all.

Except, you know, they're hours apart. Not minutes. But hey, its not like people hate being in their cars for 5+ hours a night for a round trip to a game...

Imo, this "Canada will contribute to Seattle tickets" idea is way overblown. Yeah, maybe a couple hundred. At most.

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
That's a pretty big **** you to Quebec. But sure I like the sound of the Seattle Seals.
Quebec will be there if a struggling Eastern Conference team needs to relocate. Otherwise, the league's obviously been looking toward expanding in the US as much as possible in the hopes that more people start caring about the sport here. Winnipeg never even would have happened if Atlanta ownership hadn't essentially locked the team out of the arena on relatively short notice. The league had no other choice on that one. If something similar happens again, that's how Quebec will find its way into the NHL. Failing that, it's going to be another Hamilton situation with their shiny new arena and all.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Quebec will be there if a struggling Eastern Conference team needs to relocate. Otherwise, the league's obviously been looking toward expanding in the US as much as possible in the hopes that more people start caring about the sport here. Winnipeg never even would have happened if Atlanta ownership hadn't essentially locked the team out of the arena on relatively short notice. The league had no other choice on that one. If something similar happens again, that's how Quebec will find its way into the NHL. Failing that, it's going to be another Hamilton situation with their shiny new arena and all.

Quebec has to hope that Carolina or Columbus falls off in attendance and is forced to move.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Except, you know, they're hours apart. Not minutes. But hey, its not like people hate being in their cars for 5+ hours a night for a round trip to a game...

Imo, this "Canada will contribute to Seattle tickets" idea is way overblown. Yeah, maybe a couple hundred. At most.
Where was this ever said or even implied?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
They should name them the Supersonics.

Or the Seattle Hockey Cobains.

Or whatever the people want, just give the people what they want.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Well Seattle right now has the Sounders and Seahawks, and had the Supersonics...oh and they also have the Mariners too.

Something to do with water and sound.
They will have the Seattle Green much like the Sounders and Seahawks.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
650mil...not greedy at all from the NHL I see. So higher price, will expansion rules be even tougher than the Vegas expansion which only cost 500mil?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Why can't it just be Seattle?

I'll defer to our resident rules guru to tell me why or why not it's possible, and then dotcommunism to tell us the real scoop.

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
I was honestly pretty happy to just get the last expansion draft over with so we could move on from all of the speculation as to who we'd be losing for nothing. Always figured another one would be an inevitability before long, but still.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Carolina or Florida ends up in Quebec.

Columbus is ok where they are....

Columbus ain’t moving

And Carolina just sold 51% yesterday and standard part of the sale agreement is a 7 year no relocation clause, so no, Carolina won’t be moving

My guess is Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad