Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
On another note, I'm sort of hoping the Knights continue to be competitive. They hold two of the potential UFA scoring line wingers that could move at the deadline. The longer they stay in contention, the longer they will likely look at holding Perron and Neal and the less competition the Sabres will have in moving on from Kane.

I'm hoping that Vegas wants to buy Kane at the TDL!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Avalanche beats a VERY GOOD Winnipeg Jet team in OT 3 - 2. Zadarov ties the game in the 3rd on a solo rush (1 on 2)! Myers defending...... lol! McKinnon scores winner in OT on 4-3 PP. Compher plays his 3rd very strong game in a row with several quality scoring opportunities. Sure wish Buffalo had all three Avs on our roster at this point.....

Winnipeg is big, fast, strong and a bit cheap but Avalanche answered the challenge and would not be intimidated. Strong net minding by Varlamov.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Wish we were in on the Vatanen deal. Thought he would go for more.
We don’t have the right pieces. He’s only signed for two more years so giving up Reinhart would be too much and the next step on our value ladder would probably be Kane and I think we would’ve had to add to him since they really needed a centreman.
Think they prefer Henrique over Kane+.
Most of our forwards are worthless.

Good deal for NJ. Our time will come.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Have to give Shero credit for re-shaping their blueline with the Butcher and Vatanen acquisitions over the last three months.
Just goes to show you that it can happen without trading a core piece. Scandella-Risto is a great start to a solid top-4. Botterill just needs to use some sort of Kane/Nylander/McCabe to acquire a prime aged top-4 defenseman, get out of Bogo's contract, and fill the rest of the defense with UFAs or another relatively cheaper trade. I believe Antipin could become a quality top-4 guy, but he needs time to develop. I would love him anchoring the 3rd pairing for a few years.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
RIP NJ secondary scoring.

Vatanen was the wrong player for the Devils unless one of he or Butcher is going to shift into tougher minutes or play their off-side.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Didn't really want vatanan much. There are many other ducks defensemen that I would've wanted but I guess that's probably off the table now.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That would appear to make Montour less of a target this summer. He was at the top of the list of tradeable RFA D.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
That would appear to make Montour less of a target this summer. He was at the top of the list of tradeable RFA D.

It became increasingly clear last year that Montour, Manson, and Larsson were the defenders they were holding. With Theodore gone, and now Vatanen, too, Anaheim isn't high on the list of teams that may have available defensemen that can help Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->