Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
WPG - DAL on right now. Great game so far

Winnipeg is unbelievable and their power play is a treat to watch. Can't wait for the playoffs this year

Except Benn just trucked Trouba and Trouba was out on his feet. That's a huge part of the Jets defense -- he's their primary shutdown guy and just got back from his last injury. He's not a hole they can easily fill.

Great seeing the intensity. Benn has been old school all night.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Except Benn just trucked Trouba and Trouba was out on his feet. That's a huge part of the Jets defense -- he's their primary shutdown guy and just got back from his last injury. He's not a hole they can easily fill.

Great seeing the intensity. Benn has been old school all night.

I know they're fighting for their playoff lives, but its just so different watching a team like Dallas play so hard and give 110% effort every shift after watching Sabres games. Especially Radulov...boy does that guy ever play with passion out there.

That's what the Sabres need. Players who play their heart out most nights. Yea they need to have some skill, but I'd rather take Scott Wilson over some skilled guy who doesn't try (cough cough #67) all day. Even just when two of our best players play hard (ROR, Jack) there's such a noticeable difference in how the team looks.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know they're fighting for their playoff lives, but its just so different watching a team like Dallas play so hard and give 110% effort every shift after watching Sabres games. Especially Radulov...boy does that guy ever play with passion out there.

That's what the Sabres need. Players who play their heart out most nights. Yea they need to have some skill, but I'd rather take Scott Wilson over some skilled guy who doesn't try (cough cough #67) all day. Even just when two of our best players play hard (ROR, Jack) there's such a noticeable difference in how the team looks.

I agree that they need players who play with more intensity from top to bottom, at some point some of the guys on the team have to start demanding more from one another and being responsible for their own lack of effort. The old adage that a team wins when their best players are their best players is very true, yet we've seen too many games where some combination of the supposed best players either don't show or outright hand a game away.

I'm watching Anaheim-New Jersey now. Mostly to pine after Silfverberg to be Hecht to Eichel's Briere, just because.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I agree that they need players who play with more intensity from top to bottom, at some point some of the guys on the team have to start demanding more from one another and being responsible for their own lack of effort. The old adage that a team wins when their best players are their best players is very true, yet we've seen too many games where some combination of the supposed best players either don't show or outright hand a game away.

I'm watching Anaheim-New Jersey now. Mostly to pine after Silfverberg to be Hecht to Eichel's Briere, just because.

It's really to bad girgensons couldn't solidify himself as a hecht or even Grier type to this point...I really saw himself fitting the bill for that role.

More upsetting is our lack of ability to replace Paul gaustad as a 4c...

Simple and somewhat forgettable parts but ones that make a meh team...good.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:wild

Zucker - Staal - Niederreiter
Parise - Koivu - Granlund
Ennis - Cullen - Coyle
Winnik - Eriksson-Ek - Foligno

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Murphy
Seeler - Prosser

Dubnyk

:kings

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Rieder - Carter - Lewis
Pearson - Kempe - Toffoli
Clifford - Thompson - Mitchell

Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - Phaneuf
Muzzin - LaDue

Quick

------------------------------------------​

The Opponent

The Los Angeles Kings have cycled between wins and losses all month, posting a 4-3-1 record during March. During that stretch, the Kings have not won or lost consecutive games.

Los Angeles begins the day in the second wild card spot in the Western Conference playoff race, two points behind top wild card Colorado and the Anaheim Ducks, who stand third in the Pacific Division. L.A. and the Dallas Stars have the same number of points, but the Kings have played one fewer game and have three additional wins in regulation/overtime.

The Kings won the only meeting of the season so far between the clubs, scoring a 5-2 victory at Staples Center on Dec. 5. Los Angeles scored four third-period goals to overcome a 2-1 deficit in the final frame. Anze Kopitar had one goal and two assists to lead the Kings, who also got three assists from defenseman Drew Doughty and a goal and an assist from Jake Muzzin. Tyler Ennis and Charlie Coyle had goals for Minnesota.

Kopitar is in the midst of an MVP-caliber season, leading the Kings with 29 goals, 51 assists and 80 points. Doughty has 42 assists and 51 points while Tyler Toffoli (23) and Dustin Brown (21) have also eclipsed the 20-goal mark.

Goaltender Jonathan Quick has been outstanding of late and is 28-26-2 this season with a 2.42 goals-against average and a .922 save percentage

Reactions: BackGroundMusic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->