Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Can someone post the clip of Bob McKenzie absolutely murdering Milbury on an NBCSN broadcast with probably the most savage putdown ever uttered on an NHL broadcast? Milbury said something along the lines of fans of team x probably wish so and so never came there and Bob said "I bet Islander fans think the same about you!".

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Why is Susan Sarandon between the benches with Pierre? Is inviting celebs a new NBCSN gimmick?

This is really odd.

Also I forgot how much Milbury sucks

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Leafs announcers crying about how unfair the playoff system is makes me laugh. The reason the top 3 teams in the Atlantic are the top in the conference is because they get to feast on 4 of the worst 7 teams in the entire league.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Leafs announcers crying about how unfair the playoff system is makes me laugh. The reason the top 3 teams in the Atlantic are the top in the conference is because they get to feast on 4 of the worst 7 teams in the entire league.

They're going to be a lot more concerned with tangibles now that Freddie Andersen is out hurt. There was a collision with Radulov in the first where he came up ginger and hasn't been back since the first commercial break.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

I don't know about unfair, but it's a flawed system. We're a couple weeks out from the playoffs, the Leafs should be fighting with Washington and Pittsburgh for position, but because of the seeding system nobody who matters is within 9 points of them. They could start resting people, FFS.

That plus the fact that it's good odds most years that the best teams meet in the second round, not the third.

It's not the dumbest thing the NHL has done by a longshot, but it's worth revisiting.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I don't know about unfair, but it's a flawed system. We're a couple weeks out from the playoffs, the Leafs should be fighting with Washington and Pittsburgh for position, but because of the seeding system nobody who matters is within 9 points of them. They could start resting people, FFS.

That plus the fact that it's good odds most years that the best teams meet in the second round, not the third.

It's not the dumbest thing the NHL has done by a longshot, but it's worth revisiting.
The system is flawed and it would make the most sense to go back to the 1-8 one but then people would find a way to complain about that. Really the only way the league could implement a 100% fair system is doing a single table in each conference which basic math says would require the West right now to play fewer total games until Seattle enters the league. And to make the numbers work at all the league would have to cut the schedule by a considerable number. TL,DR: 1-8 is the best system realistically possible.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seeing Kane-Pavs-Donskoi on the powerplay and there is a winger overhandling the puck, forcing passes into opponents skates, and killing possession.

Donskoi.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kane's been really good again tonight. Right up to that last backcheck flub at 3-on-3 where he simply stopped skating at his blueline and watched the Oilers roar in on short-area 2-on-1 from the Sharks' blueline to the net. Jones saved his bacon.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hertl hard on his stick, wins a puck from Drai, leaves it to Couture and gets it back for a one-timer and the GWG.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I don't think we're a match for Vancouver in the race for the bottom. They've played 2 more games than us and without Boeser they are completely anemic offensively to go along with the bad goaltending of Markstrom.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
The really perplexing thing about all of these shite GMs, to me, is that they keep getting jobs in hockey(in some capacity). McGuire is a creep who knows stats but jack about the GAME. Milbury was a knucklehead who THINKS he knows the game but is awful. Button probably doesn't really believe he knows the game deep down, but he's fooled enough people to let them believe it.

I could go on about other, similar types.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Looks like the Eastern conference playoff teams are almost set.... Florida with a huge win over Boston...

Philly, Columbus, New Jersey, and Florida.... there can be only 3.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Looks like the Eastern conference playoff teams are almost set.... Florida with a huge win over Boston...

Philly, Columbus, New Jersey, and Florida.... there can be only 3.
Would really like to see the Boogie man get his Panthers in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->