Around The NHL - The Craig Morgan Vacation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
???

In any case, amazing series by Vegas. Looks like they are heading to the Stanley Cup. Fluery has been the MVP. Fairy tale season for him.

Looking at how Vegas was built should make more than a few GMs question their talent evaluations and roster building. Speed, relentlessness, passion and puck pursuit have taken a rag tag mix of cast offs to epic heights.
Scotty Bowman use to say “give me 20 guys in their contract option year”. I guess 20 guys cast off with something to prove works too.

Reactions: Heldig

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Totally agree, great for every NHL team. Any team can think they will be Vegas next year.
I would think/hope that Vegas is attracting non hockey fans to watch the NHL playoffs. If they get to the finals, I really could see the ratings off the charts in the US. History in the making before our eyes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Scotty Bowman use to say “give me 20 guys in their contract option year”. I guess 20 guys cast off with something to prove works too.
They are all having a career year. You have to give the coaches some credit, but man, the players deserve most of the credit.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
???

In any case, amazing series by Vegas. Looks like they are heading to the Stanley Cup. Fluery has been the MVP. Fairy tale season for him.

Looking at how Vegas was built should make more than a few GMs question their talent evaluations and roster building. Speed, relentlessness, passion and puck pursuit have taken a rag tag mix of cast offs to epic heights.
I have wrote here for years that I would not draft a player in the NHL who isn't an above average skater, the rest is easier to teach.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I have wrote here for years that I would not draft a player in the NHL who isn't an above average skater, the rest is easier to teach.
:laugh:Yup, Yup, the rest is easy to teach. Rieder was a great example. Add Korpi to that list, and that is only with the Coyotes.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Speed gets you in the door, to be considered. Without speed the rest won’t really matter.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

This has worked in the NFL. Sign a former Olympic sprinter and teach him to run routes and catch the ball. Unfortunately hockey skills are harder to teach/acquire than catching a football.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
:laugh:Yup, Yup, the rest is easy to teach. Rieder was a great example. Add Korpi to that list, and that is only with the Coyotes.
It is a lot easier to make a great skater a srvicable NHL'ER than it is to teach a skilled kid how to skate well enough to be a a skilled NHL'ER. in case you haven't yet noticed both Rieder and Korpikoski have more nhl games played than Strome.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You do realize in a draft most players around the same draft number have fairly similar skill set. Don't be dumb and take the best skater of the group around the pick you have. I certainly am not suggesting take the skater ranked 98th at pick 5 if you are silly enough to read it that way. But if the perceived best player at number 3 is poor skating Strome make a different selection.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
???

Yeah... Although to me, these playoffs are showing yet again that fantastic goaltending can take a decent team anywhere.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah... Although to me, these playoffs are showing yet again that fantastic goaltending can take a decent team anywhere.
Correct. You see it over and over how a team can ride a hot goalie all the way to the SC.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No, he was backup. But boy was he bad in this tournament.
I was jumping for joy when we traded for him, now i'm thinking of jumping off the bridge. I don't think he has played one good game since the trade.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I was jumping for joy when we traded for him, now i'm thinking of jumping off the bridge. I don't think he has played one good game since the trade.
I like him but boy has he been bad. I watched warmup closely for both games in Denmark. Keumper would get in net, get scored on 90% of shots and tgen get out. I literally Didn't see one really good save in two games and several weak goals. Like I said hopefully a good summer to recoup. Not looking forward to talking to him about World's at men's night golf next week!!!!!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Winnipeg is a shithole! I'm glad that joke of a city gets to wittiness a sunbelt team win the conference title in their building.

Reactions: 0point1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->