Around the NHL Lucky #13 - A Sign of Things to Come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Isles ALSO might be kicked out of the Barclay's Center after the 18/19 season, the owner of Barclay's claiming "they won't be profitable" after that season
Wasn't new ownership already looking at the idea of a new stadium? I seem to recall reading it in the BoH forum

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I could be wrong as I don't watch the blues but based on a stat watching point of view, their biggest problem is the goaltending.
I think their biggest problem is they lost all their heart last summer.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
"I would like to, at the deadline, go somewhere," Iginla said. "I would like to be in the playoffs. I would hope that there is some opportunity to go and play in the playoffs. Those are the best games, the most fun for sure, and you have a chance to win. So, no, I haven't given up on that chance to win."

https://www.nhl.com/news/report-colorado-avalanche-jarome-iginla-hopes-for-trade/c-286366846

Where do you guys think he goes? Is it weird that I get the feeling he might be shipped off to Edmonton, even though it's a completely ridiculous idea?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I still want him. He would bump Chiasson out of the top 9, and it would be worth it for the tremendous feels alone.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I still want him. He would bump Chiasson out of the top 9, and it would be worth it for the tremendous feels alone.

I'd take him in a heartbeat just because he'd be the heart and soul guy this lifeless team needs, but he wants to go to a definite playoff team. And we are anything but that

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'd take him in a heartbeat just because he'd be the heart and soul guy this lifeless team needs, but he wants to go to a definite playoff team. And we are anything but that

Well no doubt we'd have to earn it with our play in February.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
LA would be my prediction as well. He had his best years with Darryl Sutter and he might be able to keep up on that team.

Would also take him back, one because he's my favourite player ever and two because he can still shoot. Barely any of our forwards shoot first.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go to the Wild, either. Boudreau has been great with Staal, and of course was great with the vets in Anaheim. The way Minnesota's season has gone they should absolutely be buying at the deadline.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
There's no way he stays at the Avs, but I hope he goes to a team that actually has a chance because his career is on its last legs and I think he retires after this season

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
No, I don't think he'll retire after this season unless he wins a cup and even then I'm not 100% convinced. I don't think his production this season (or lack thereof) is an indication that his tank is on empty. That entire Avs team is pretty terrible.

I think if he's put on the right team with a coach that knows how to use him, he could still put up some goals for another year or two.

LA actually would seem like a good fit for a trade deadline move.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
St. Louis would be a solid fit for Iggy, after losing Backes and Brouwer they could use the jam Iginla plays with.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
It's not fair to blame the Avs when he's a big reason why they suck so much.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go to the Wild, either. Boudreau has been great with Staal, and of course was great with the vets in Anaheim. The way Minnesota's season has gone they should absolutely be buying at the deadline.
Staal was a perfect bounce back candidate. Most reclamation projects didn't do so well in Anaheim.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
It's not fair to blame the Avs when he's a big reason why they suck so much.

Staal was a perfect bounce back candidate. Most reclamation projects didn't do so well in Anaheim.

You don't think it has something to do with the atrocious team defense and goaltending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad