Around the NHL Discussion Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Dallas very fortunate to have got a PP towards the end of second period, which of course they scored on. Still trailing Montreal 3-2.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
@Ranksu

If Dallas makes the playoffs they’re going to earn it. Their remaining schedule is brutal.

at Toronto
at Ottawa
at Winnipeg
at Washington
Boston
Vancouver
Flyers
at Minnesota
Minnesota
at Sharks
at Anaheim
at Kings

Oooof 8 out of 12 on the road.

Adding Dallas has lost 9 out of its last 14 getting with 2 loser points for 12 points during the stretch.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
f3jeSQn.jpg

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dallas PP in OT...cmon leafs...

Lol Polak just buried Seguin

Shoot out incoming! Can’t belueve the stars didn’t score on the PP...it wasn’t for lack of chances.

Wow, leafs win. That’s huge. McElhinney was spectacular.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Chef PRV with 2 goals tonight.
He only had one, but I do have a funny story about it. I was at the game with my son and told him during warmups that Pääjärvi was going to get a hatty. When he scored their first goal to tie the game that shit wasn’t funny anymore. :laugh:

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
He only had one, but I do have a funny story about it. I was at the game with my son and told him during warmups that Pääjärvi was going to get a hatty. When he scored their first goal to tie the game that **** wasn’t funny anymore. :laugh:

My post was during the Sens vs. Panthers game. But it’s good for him to see little success in Ottawa. 3 goals in 2 games.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
So Minnesota just lost Spurgeon for the rest of the regular season with a partial hamstring tear:

Spurgeon out rest of regular season for Wild

They also have literally the hardest remaining schedule of any team in the entire NHL:

@ Vegas
@ Arizona
LA
Nashville
Boston
@ Nashville
Dallas
@ Dallas
Edmonton
@ Anaheim
@ LA
@ San Jose

Ouch.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
So Minnesota just lost Spurgeon for the rest of the regular season with a partial hamstring tear:

Spurgeon out rest of regular season for Wild

They also have literally the hardest remaining schedule of any team in the entire NHL:

@ Vegas
@ Arizona
LA
Nashville
Boston
@ Nashville
Dallas
@ Dallas
Edmonton
@ Anaheim
@ LA
@ San Jose

Ouch.
Our final 3 games, Chicago twice & Colorado, are far from easy, but Dallas and Minnesota both finish with that West Coast trip. Wonder how many 3 point games there will be in those...

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Our final 3 games, Chicago twice & Colorado, are far from easy, but Dallas and Minnesota both finish with that West Coast trip. Wonder how many 3 point games there will be in those...

I will be in Colorado for the :blues last game of the season and will be attending the game with a bachelor party...so if you see 8-12 very drunk/other things guys in :blues garb thats us!

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I'd be very surprised if he got 5 games for that. It was to the head but I don't think that was that egregious. There really wasn't anything he could've done other than avoid him at the last second when he realizes his head is down, but that's a pretty tall task for the defensive player in that situation.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I actually thought that hit was worse than the one he just got suspended for.
I see it exactly the opposite. I thought that Backes raised his level to pick Nielsen's head when Nielsen was almost completely upright in the play that earned him his suspension. Here, Backes doesn't look to me like he changes his level and looks to me to be simply "playing through" a smaller puck carrier turning on his edges. That means Trocheck's head is already going to be well lower than if he was fully upright on his skates. Maybe there is something I'm missing here, but I don't think this hit even warranted a penalty much less a match penalty. Trocheck made himself vulnerable turning into the middle of the ice with his head down and paid the price with what I thought was a clean hit. With the play against Detroit, I though Backes got what he deserved.

Reactions: Alklha and Shwabeal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad