Around the NHL Discussion Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Don’t really look at the standings until December. If the Devils/Avalanche/Knights are still around then, then maybe we have something to talk about.

I don't know if things have changed, but as of a few years ago, teams in playoff position at US Thanksgiving end up being the playoff teams with great regularity. The expected variation for many years was something like one team difference.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I don't know if things have changed, but as of a few years ago, teams in playoff position at US Thanksgiving end up being the playoff teams with great regularity. The expected variation for many years was something like one team difference.

Yes, a team in at thanksgiving has gone on to make it something like 77% of the time. So while it’s only about 20 something games, it is a good benchmark to look at if nothing else.

Edit for phrasing.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Tkachuk owns Doughty so bad right now. That kid has set up camp in his head and already has the fire going roasting hot dogs.

I couldn’t be happier about that. I hate the Kings. The boarding on Petro in 2012 will forever lead me to have disdain for that team.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I couldn't really care less about Tkachuk personally.

The guy is a POS.
I love the game he plays haha. Total POS no doubt, but he's got skill to back it up. I smile every time I see a clip of him and Doughty going at it. Tkachuk has really made #8 his bitch and I find it hilarious.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Guys I think the Wild's season just got a lot worse. Coyle and Nino on IR, Foligno's out for a week. Parise is coming back from a lingering back injury. Woof.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Guys I think the Wild's season just got a lot worse. Coyle and Nino on IR, Foligno's out for a week. Parise is coming back from a lingering back injury. Woof.
I bet they didn't feel bad for us when we lost 4 forwards and a defenseman to begin the year. Not gonna feel bad for them. Hopefully their guys aren't injured too bad tho.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Nashville has had their share of injury problems too, and Dallas can't buy a win. Winnipeg still has Paul Maurice coaching. Chicago and Colorado look good so far, but I'm not feeling pessimistic about the injury riddled Blues compared to the rest of the division.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
I bet they didn't feel bad for us when we lost 4 forwards and a defenseman to begin the year. Not gonna feel bad for them. Hopefully their guys aren't injured too bad tho.

True but our team doesn't score by committee nearly as much as the Wild do/have to because they don't have an offensive dynamo. So losing these guys is a lot worse, especially with how long both Coyle and Nino are looking to be out.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lol Shattenkirk...... made sure he got everything out of his slashing penalty

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Panarin finally got his first goal of the season, man it'll be a shame if he and Vladi never play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad