OT: Around the NHL - Conference Finals N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
As inconsistent as the Pens were, they had the Caps. They absol3had them. Be it game 3 or game 5, the Pens beat themselves. Caps were begging to be put down in game 5 and they handed it right to them.

Letang, Murray, Maatta. Guilty!

Reactions: Shady Machine

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Yeah. Thats a little suspect no penalties for Tampa. Oh well it's their own doing to rely on it so heavily. Well that frees my night up. Going eat and lay down and start my new book.
Also ponder the stanley cup finals match up....
The Washington Capitals
vs
The Las Vegas Golden Knights
:eek:

As everyone predicted....

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He didn't destroy Wilson when Wilson did the same **** he always does against us all season, why would he start now? :laugh:

I seriously cannot help myself. I have a problem.

I feel like he was neutered in Pittsburgh, as most enforcers are. The team wants them, but they don't want them to really do their job properly. I recall many enforcers coming, fighting infrequently, then leaving and being back to fighting as often as they usually did.

That's not a "player problem" that's a "Pittsburgh wants to be tough on paper" problem.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Don't think TB should blow it up assuming they lose, but can we please stop pretending Yzerman is the greatest GM ever?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I was thinking of teams who don't get a lot of chances. While I know there were big time spurts where the Pens were hemmed in their own zone, they were still attacking. Their 2 goals against Washington in Game 7 were on defensive pinches. So I don't technically count them because Sully wanted them to be uptempo. They never once dropped back in a trap for a full game.

True. It was more our defensive unit's ineptitude than anything that contributed to our lack of puck possession.

Which is why I get nervous about moving Letang.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
True. It was more our defensive unit's ineptitude than anything that contributed to our lack of puck possession.

Which is why I get nervous about moving Letang.

Schultz was stuck playing actual defense while Letang was stuck being an actual f***ing moron. We need to add a 3rd PMD to support the team, also how about the team actually puts their f***ing money where they mouth is. If you say we gotta limit Letang's minutes. THEN f***ING DO IT.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I feel like he was neutered in Pittsburgh, as most enforcers are. The team wants them, but they don't want them to really do their job properly. I recall many enforcers coming, fighting infrequently, then leaving and being back to fighting as often as they usually did.

That's not a "player problem" that's a "Pittsburgh wants to be tough on paper" problem.

Very true, outside of Godard, he beat everyone’s ass.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

He was scratched because he is a shitty hockey player. :laugh: Getting a stick on a shot in the series-clincher doesn't really change that, imo.

Reactions: Sam Spade

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013

Wilson plays on the 1st line a lot of the time. He's big enough that Reaves can't destroy him with a hit, he's going to refuse to fight which Reaves can't do anything about and you don't want Reaves or his line out there while Ovi and Kuznetsov are on the ice.

Reactions: PatrickCvetic

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Very true, outside of Godard, he beat everyone’s ass.

And Godard was barely played because of it. Like he was punished for doing his job at times, it was ridiculous. His 1st season "oh cool, we have a goon that fights" then it was playing him less and less and then from 71 to 45 to 19 games and gone.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Don't think TB should blow it up assuming they lose, but can we please stop pretending Yzerman is the greatest GM ever?

I don't know, they're constantly a pretty heartless team when it counts and their coach sucks. At least dump Cooper, yes, even after making to the finals. He somehow missed the playoffs last year with a still great roster and kept his job, so this seems fair.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Amen. Dammit man. I cannot stand how the immediate reaction is "DEMOLISH THE TEAM!" Give credit to the opposition for ****'s sake. :laugh: Washington EARNED it. They deserve it.

Everyone immediately wants to see firewagon changes for no reason. Just credit the Caps for their game.
I think it’s completely fair to call out Jon Cooper. What’s he ever won?

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I don't know, they're constantly a pretty heartless team when it counts and their coach sucks. At least dump Cooper, yes, even after making to the finals. He somehow missed the playoffs last year with a still great roster and kept his job, so this seems fair.

Ya keep the team intact, or at least most of it.
But coopers gotta go....

Reactions: BHD

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Being up 3 games to 2.

Then being shut out in games 6 and 7.

Woooooof.

If not cooper. Someones got some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad