Around the NHL 2023-2024

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
While I'd love to have Rod the Bod as our coach, not sure I see the Blues winning a bidding war for his services if he does in fact become available. Are the Blues in a position to spend +/- $5 million per year on any coach?

Well I do believe Armstrong said we're not going to be spending to the cap, so that does free up some extra money to blow on a coach. I also think if Stillman believes RBA is the prize then he would be willing to put the money up for it. Just depends on if RBA wants to come back to where it all started and we think it's worth it. I don't think it's "not" having the money to do so.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I'm a little late to the Helleybuck conversation, but I'm not sure anyone should discount his performance at all even given how bad the Jets were in that series. Yes, he had the highest xG against total in this playoff round with 19.02 over 5g, ahead of Vasilevsky's 17.29 in 5 and Talbot's 16.2 in 3, but he was also just bad. He gave up 24 goals on those numbers while Talbot and Vasi gave up 16.

-5.0 goals saved above expected total, by far the worst in the round. -1.090 GSAA per 60, more than twice as bad as any goalie who started more than 1 game. The Canucks third string keeper outplayed him by almost a goal per game.

Sure, his team didn't do him any favors, but even the stats adjusted for the quality of scoring chances still placed him as responsible for an entire extra goal given up every game. Any team in the NHL would struggle with that in net, and probably doesn't help the play in front of him if his team loses confidence quickly, even in such a small sample.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Super impressed by him, really enjoying watching Stankoven play. Kid is a gamer, super smart and skilled. Great motor, total badger on the puck. He makes a positive impact on pretty much every shift he gets.
He’s got some bad Stank on him. I agree, he’s been very impressive.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I don't think Vegas will regret signing him, but just goes to show there are two sides to every deal and there are risks that come with giving a player everything he wants. Vegas surely is fascinating and they make a great villain for hockey fans to root against.

Though I gotta admit seeing Petro's mistake partly cost them game 4 and his dumb penalty lead to Dallas' winning goal in game 5 brings me great joy. He's shown his true colors with the slash on Draisaitl and the backhand punch to Seguin. Petro is kind of a jerk.
Well nobody can call him captain creampuff anymore.

Vegas got a cup from signing Pietrangelo, they aren't regretting the last 3 years of the deal at all.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Yes they will. You are assuming the anti-Pietrangelo crowd operate with anything resembling rational thought. Whatever he does, it's bad because their self-worth is somehow tied to being right that he is bad.
You thought Brian Elliott was a cup quality goaltender when he could not even outperform Jake Allen in the playoffs here.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Well nobody can call him captain creampuff anymore.

Vegas got a cup from signing Pietrangelo, they aren't regretting the last 3 years of the deal at all.

Captain Cheapshot? What made Petro so ornery I wonder? If Dallas is winning big in game 6 or 7 he needs to exact retribution on Benn for the sitting incident.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
All your posts about this playoffs are clearly biased attacks on Pietrangelo. We get it, you're salty. Watch another series

All 3 of my posts?? lol

He's stood out in the games I've watched and has made some terrible plays. You're free to think whatever you want of course, but I could really care less what team Pietrangelo plays for.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Yes they will. You are assuming the anti-Pietrangelo crowd operate with anything resembling rational thought. Whatever he does, it's bad because their self-worth is somehow tied to being right that he is bad.
I think he’s a great player, but I don’t like him because he chose to leave. He was always a little bit of a prickly personality. You forgive that in guys in your team, but not in opponents.

I don’t like Vegas, except for Barbashev, so it’s easy to enjoy watching Pietro take dumb penalties, with a big impact on the outcome of the last two games. Doesn’t mean I don’t think Pietro is good.

I think that outlook is pretty common among Blues fans and posters here. I don’t see why it deserves ridicule.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Disliking a player who leaves your team is normal. The ones defending him to the ends of the earth are the ones with issues. We got people on this forum that don't even seem to like or support the Blues. Why even come to this forum in that case? The Golden Knights board is pretty dead, I'm sure they would welcome new posters.

Saying Pietrangelo is a bad player is irrational but saying he's got personality issues is totally fair. I hope Vegas goes down in flames and the fans turn on Petro just like he turned his back on us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad