First-round Series Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Everyone has to calm down. The Devils won that game yesterday because they were given SEVEN power plays, and yet they still needed a 5 on 3 to score that PP goal.

That in itself is the sign of a shit team. They're carried by Taylor Hall doing literally everything to get things going. That's the 1st playoff game they have won in 6 years, but that doesn't change the fact that they have 1st round exit written all over them, plain and siomply they are not winning this series. Tampa is the better 5v5 and 5v4 team

That said, Tampa looks like previous years Capitals right now. They don't have that extra gear, it does seem like they peaked in the regular season.

either way this is all a moot point because the bruins are going to come out of that Bracket to the conference final

Reactions: trilobyte

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Haven’t really paid attention to the Flames, but why was he canned? They made the playoffs last year, but were an abysmally unlucky shooting team this year

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Gulutzan is a gentleman and it is unfortunate but the Flames looked pretty lost down the stretch after Mike Smith came back and wasn't very good either.
I'm surprised it took this long because it seemed common knowledge he was not coming back. I'm just surmising that it must have felt kind of crappy for Gulutzan, but again I am just guessing.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Gudas Gonna Gudas even if he doesn't intend to Gudas.

As for Calgary: Situation Based. When you don't make the playoffs AND you lose a lottery pick that was non protected, some heads will automatically roll.

Reactions: GregSirico

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
On the main board they're already suggesting Bill Peters as a possible replacement for Gulutzan in Calgary. He has until Friday to use his out clause that would free him from his contract with Carolina. I didn't even know coaches got clauses like that.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
People have wondered if AV would be a fit in Calgary if, now when, GG gets canned.

I don't see it. How Burke/AV want to play couldn't be more opposite.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Not even sure what the Caps should do in the off season if they get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round again.

Reactions: TheTakedown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad