• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
It’s been well documented that I keep watching Tampa and come away expecting more. Part of me thinks that I look at their skaters on paper and set an unfair expectation. But I’ve never come away from them thinking that they look like the most dangerous team heading into the playoffs.

They’re supremely skilled, but there’s a certain aloofness to the way they play. Almost like the kids who can pass the tests so they don’t do their HW. Unfortunately, college can be rough on kids with that approach. Will the playoffs pose the same challenges for the Bolts? It’s quite possible.

I would say that description fits their coach’s personality to a tee.

Big reason I’m not crazy high on Tampa is Cooper. Don’t think he’s a good coach, and he seems like a smug asshole. Just like their Gm.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I remember getting a lot of lol wut responses when I said it weeks ago but I stand by it. If Tampa finishes 2nd, there was no way they were going through both Toronto and Boston.

They better hope they can close quick and Tor/Boston go 7 and murder each other.
Lightning would do well against Toronto's soft underbelly D

Reactions: haveandare

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Lightning had more than a few games over the last month where they relaxed and did not have push in the last stages of a game, seemed to not have an extra gear. I saw a few games like that from them.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Sharks are just playing a nice game of duck hunt

tumblr_meku406Hp81qh7gfao1_500.gif

8 f***ing goals for SJS, holy shit, and Thornton isn't even back in the lineup yet!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The Ducks need to rebuild. This series has been embarrassing.

Core players are slow and heavy.

I am working from home today and have the tv on and glanced at the reruns. Brad Marchant is 5'9. Pasternak is generously listed at 5'11. We talked in the draft thread about if size -- for forwards -- is an advantage or a flaw in the game today. Why would you want your top wingers at least to be built in any other way than those two? Marner is leading TML in scoring -- 5'11 170 lbs.

Its of course a truth with some modifications. Laine is big guy is a different type of player and different rules apply. But like when you are looking at skilled guys that are supposed to drive the tempo for you and push the play -- I would definitely not consider size to be an issue for someone around 5'10-11.

Reactions: haveandare

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Don’t get nostalgic that that. LOL
McD has been solid defensively but not spectacular. Miller is still a playoffs disappearing act.

As far as Boston Toronto, the Bruins should have scored 4 goals in the third alone. Pastrnak should have had a hat trick in the third. Toronto’s defense is worse than ours.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Core players are slow and heavy.

I am working from home today and have the tv on and glanced at the reruns. Brad Marchant is 5'9. Pasternak is generously listed at 5'11. We talked in the draft thread about if size -- for forwards -- is an advantage or a flaw in the game today. Why would you want your top wingers at least to be built in any other way than those two? Marner is leading TML in scoring -- 5'11 170 lbs.

Its of course a truth with some modifications. Laine is big guy is a different type of player and different rules apply. But like when you are looking at skilled guys that are supposed to drive the tempo for you and push the play -- I would definitely not consider size to be an issue for someone around 5'10-11.
Being big isn’t what it used to be. You used to be able to shield guys off and control the puck and slow play and grind with size.. today the little guys swarm you like bees and you can’t hold them off

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Nothing should come easy for the Lightning. I want them to win for the draft pick but I'm kinda liking that the Debbies are not going away quietly.

Reactions: Stasis

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Lightning had more than a few games over the last month where they relaxed and did not have push in the last stages of a game, seemed to not have an extra gear. I saw a few games like that from them.
I saw [most of] the Tampa game last night, and the impression I got from watching them was that they are a team that doesn't want to break a sweat to win this series. They look like they expect it to be easy. I don't see that extra playoff gear in them either. I've said it in another post a few days ago, they remind me of another Washington Capital-type team that gives it all for the season, then runs out of gas when it counts.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I saw [most of] the Tampa game last night, and the impression I got from watching them was that they are a team that doesn't want to break a sweat to win this series. They look like they expect it to be easy. I don't see that extra playoff gear in them either. I've said it in another post a few days ago, they remind me of another Washington Capital-type team that gives it all for the season, then runs out of gas when it counts.
They just think they’re better than they are...

They will still probably make it to the conference final but that’s mainly because the bracket is dumb in the nhl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->