NHL Around the NHL - Washington hoists the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
When did San Jose hire Chiarelli?

I'm starting to think its not such an absurd idea to think that maybe current NHL gm's aren't as smart as we think they are.

I honestly think quite a few HF posters would be just as competent, if not more so than some of the GM's in the league.

In all honestly, who here would trade Forsberg for Erat? Forsberg was as blue chip as you can get at the time of the deal. Erat was Loui Eriksson caliber, if that. There are some seriously dumb dumb signings/trades that don't require hindsight to know that they were terrible ideas.

I'd trust @DKH to be my Assistant GM anyday of the week.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm starting to think its not such an absurd idea to think that maybe current NHL gm's aren't as smart as we think they are.

I honestly think quite a few HF posters would be just as competent, if not more so than some of the GM's in the league.

In all honestly, who here would trade Forsberg for Erat? Forsberg was as blue chip as you can get at the time of the deal. Erat was Loui Eriksson caliber, if that. There are some seriously dumb dumb signings/trades that don't require hindsight to know that they were terrible ideas.

You should see GloryDaze's SIM team. He legit could be a GM in any league, real or fake. HAHA.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Lol. Actually very believable. NHL has a serious issue on their hands. These guys are just not capable anymore. It’s disgusting.

They missed at least 3 of too many men calls in our first round series, then there were a couple of incidents with the net being off it's pegs that they didn't see (one where Pierre said the bench was literally screaming right into the ref's ear). They're straight up just not paying attention

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
They missed at least 3 of too many men calls in our first round series, then there were a couple of incidents with the net being off it's pegs that they didn't see (one where Pierre said the bench was literally screaming right into the ref's ear). They're straight up just not paying attention

It makes you wonder what is going on- is there some directive from the league tied in with NBC to keep the game moving at a certain pace? I have absolutely no idea about this, but even given the level of incompetence we see from NHL refs day to day, this has seemed worse, especially from officials that are alleged to be the best the league has.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I believe it. I think Vegas being as good as they have been this year might shake up some philosophies that have been set in stone for years. Wouldn't mind seeing some new GMs brought in instead of just recycling some other teams garbage.

Agreed. I thought the Arizona guy would be better. Sick of the same ole recycles, and former players.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

My personality is more suited to be a billionaire owners son who is in line to be in control of the empire and is dad’s executor

But I do appreciate the kind words

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
For all the flak some Bruins got on their performances, Kucherov would be roasted alive hear. Complete and utter no show when the games mattered most.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have to admit I am excited that I will be going to Vegas for the SCF.

The NHL gave Vegas a decent expansion draft which for a $500 million entry fee was reasonable. I thought at best they MIGHT contend for a Wild Card spot But I started watching them late night because of Goucher and I liked what I saw.

I have no idea how this will play out. Vegas has played very well at home in these playoffs, Washington has played well on the road but not so much at home.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Agreed. I thought the Arizona guy would be better. Sick of the same ole recycles, and former players.

I’m not sold on Chayka. He had very little experience before being named GM at age 26. While I believe that analytics are an important aspect of the game, I think it should be part of a well rounded background for a GM, not his only qualification.

His sister is hot though.

FribbleLine

Jul 13, 2014
Ocean State
I’m not sold on Chayka. He had very little experience before being named GM at age 26. While I believe that analytics are an important aspect of the game, I think it should be part of a well rounded background for a GM, not his only qualification.

Had to Google to confirm. I confirm you speak the truth.

Reactions: LouJersey

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Coyotes were swinging for the fences on that one- they obviously need something dramatic to happen to their franchise. I guess they rolled the dice.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
the Pens looking to move Kessel sounds so much like Chicago out-thinking themselves and trading Panarin for Saad because of intangibles after a bad playoff run.

Reactions: finchster

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
There were rumors after last season Pittsburgh was considering trading Kessel, but nothing happened. Of course it's a bad look to trade a key piece of a two-time defending champion, but since that is no longer the case, maybe this summer something happens?

I like the infusion of new faces in GM and coaching circles, but at the same time, McPhee, Rutherford the last two years, Trotz, and to a lesser degree Gallant, are making a pretty solid case for the old guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad