HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
33306783_10215189306538709_946469217031421952_n.jpg

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
So happy the Caps go to the finals. Liked the Bolts more but can't cheer for a team that was given such an easy playoffs due to brutal officiating. Plus if the Bruins aren't able to win it , I like to see a team that never won it before do it. Imagine if the Knights win it in their first season!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
So happy the Caps go to the finals. Liked the Bolts more but can't cheer for a team that was given such an easy playoffs due to brutal officiating. Plus if the Bruins aren't able to win it , I like to see a team that never won it before do it. Imagine if the Knights win it in their first season!

This is exactly why I can't cheer for them . Way to many wrong calls went their way. Sucks even worse when many were against your team.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Echoing others...like seeing TB lose as they were not gifted multiple games vs against Bruins

Still don't like Orpik tho..lol

Reactions: sarge88

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I didn't see the entire series, but whenever I did have it on Washington was dominating. Vasilevskiy stole Game 4, and there was a psychological carry-over. In the end, the deserving team won.

Amazing that George McPhee's upstart Knights are facing a Caps team he had a hand in building. I imagine Nate Schmidt is also excited to be facing his former team.

Whoever wins, it will be a fairy tale story for the league. Either the expansion Knights win it all, or Ovechkin finally lifts the Cup.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Couldn't be happier to see the bolts knocked out especially 4-0 in game 7 at home, their fans asked for it with their insufferability this post season

I hope the caps win the cup, ovie finally gets his and personally as much as I like the story of the knights, I feel like if their fans win a cup their first season, they won't really appreciate what it means to win one. Losing in the finals however would sting and help them become true NHL fans where they would appreciate it if they won one down the line

Go caps!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hope the Caps win the Cup now. I still don't like them but it sucks to me that a team like the Knights are in the Final. Those Western conference fan bases must be pissed. Cup windows, salary cap, drafting well, developing players....then the Knights get an NHL ready team. There goes another year for them. I hope the Caps win in four...lol

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'll be fine with whoever wins, but wouldn't it be the absolute most "Washington Capital" thing in the world for them to finally make the SCF and lose to an expansion team in year one?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'll be fine with whoever wins, but wouldn't it be the absolute most "Washington Capital" thing in the world for them to finally make the SCF and lose to an expansion team in year one?

Yes (old Caps) and no (this year’s Caps). This version of the Washington team has slayed a lot of the old dragons and there is no reason they can’t lift the Cup.

I’m just hoping for a good series.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Should be Boston-Vegas finals.
Not gonna lie, still pissed we didnt make it. I am still pissed we didnt get by Tampa.
I still take it all back to that last game of the season where we couldve drawn Jersey in round 1

Reactions: BruinsBtn and BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I cant stand eller or orpik, so no way I want the Caps to win.
Im going with vegas all the way.

Since Neal and Fleury left the Pens, they seem like really likable players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad