Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
He went 16 places after our first pick after trading down to shed the Dats contract, but still 7 before our next pick. We'd have to have been really high on him to pick him in those circumstances.

Yeah. Too bad they didn’t think he was worth finagling a trade for. Not everybody can be a Dylan Sadowy or Tyler Bertuzzi I guess.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Really bummed we didn’t do something to land Debrincat. I get the reticence in drafting him but he’s a hometown kid in the truest sense of the word and his junior numbers were nuts. Could’ve had our own Johnny Hockey.
Definitely, I'm even more bummed that I have to be told about a player I've known about for a long time.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Definitely, I'm even more bummed that I have to be told about a player I've known about for a long time.

Dude, wtf? What sort of dark web resources are you using to illegally find out about prospects before they play pro hockey?? Many on this board have led me to believe that you can only form opinions about prospects post-draft!!!

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Vatanen for Henrique, eh? Seems like Nyquist would've been a pretty equivalent swap.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Our only real bargaining chip at that point would be Nielsen, I doubt Anaheim wanted that long term of a commitment back in a trade.
Yea, they'd go Henrique 100/100 in that situation: way better contract, similar production, 6 years younger - no brainer there.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
What are you talking about? Nyqvist is a center t00. Gustav Nyquist See?

Just kidding obviously, but it's weird ESPN has had Nyqvist listed as a center his entire career even though he's never even played center in the NHL.

nhl.com had (has?) lot of errors like that. not sure if the same error but they had, at least one point, patrick kane as a C though he hadn't played there for years and backes was W (hadn't been there for 5 years) and oshie as C (almost exclusively winger).

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
That Duchene trade for Ottawa really sucks for them so far. Duchene has 2 points in 12 games for them and they look like complete shit. Meanwhile turris is on fire in Nashville, and Nashville looks amazing.

The most hilarious thing of all would be if Duchene didn't even sign an extension with Ottawa. If they keep losing and Duchene walks, will Karlsson want to stick around either?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Can't blame the gm for trying to maximize the team's potential during karlasson's prime years. but Ottawa was never that great of a team to begin with. a fluke run to the conference finals skewered that team's internal expectations

Reactions: Winger98

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That Duchene trade for Ottawa really sucks for them so far. Duchene has 2 points in 12 games for them and they look like complete ****. Meanwhile turris is on fire in Nashville, and Nashville looks amazing.

The most hilarious thing of all would be if Duchene didn't even sign an extension with Ottawa. If they keep losing and Duchene walks, will Karlsson want to stick around either?
Could start to turn around for them (Duchene with 1+1 last game) but this is a good example of why you shouldn't mess with team chemistry too much in an effort to acquire players that have an higher overall rating in EA SPORTS NHL 18. Turris seemed to fit in great in Ottawa. Big gamble to expect Duchene to be a major upgrade.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Janmark is a really good player. Unfortunate that we gave him up for basically nothing. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

The bolded is a comment you read in nearly every post by a fans when talking about Jarnmark. It's very telling when that is his exclusive ™ tagline worldwide.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Janmark is a really good player. Unfortunate that we gave him up for basically nothing. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

My understanding was that if he came back from the surgery that the problem wouldn't just return out of the blue. The surgery "fixed" it. In his first season with Dallas he played 73 games and then 12 playoff games, and this season I think he's played every game. Other than the normal nicks and dings that come with playing professional hockey, I'm not sure there's any greater injury risk with him than with anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad