Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Trade board is talking about a rumor that Montreal is considering a rebuild. Man have they've fallen after showing some promise.

Lots of bad teams in the NHL this season. I don't think Detroit could tank for the top 3 pick even if they tried their hardest.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Welp this seems like the spot...

I f***ing love Brock Boeser, such a great hockey player and human. f*** what a guy.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Welp this seems like the spot...

I ****ing love Brock Boeser, such a great hockey player and human. **** what a guy.

He seems like he can really play but don't know anything about him besides that. What makes him a great human?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'd say his wrister velocity and release is right up there for best in the league.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Brent Burns gets a ridiculous amount of shots off
One of the biggest surprises to me this season is that he doesn't have a single goal. His wrister shit is so insane too.

I'd say his wrister velocity and release is right up there for best in the league.
Sorry to quote myself, just scored his 10th of the season in a snipe of a wrister.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
One of the biggest surprises to me this season is that he doesn't have a single goal. His wrister **** is so insane too.

I think it was during last year's all star competition when they were doing long range wrist shots and burns went top corner from center ice or further. I'm gonna try and find it on YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezekial

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
The Sabres badness after tanking for high picks and getting a near generational type prospect like Eichel is simply amazing. They really screwed up taking Reinhart #2, trading away a bunch of defensive prospects, and picking like zero defensemen with all their high picks they had acquired over the past few years.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
The Sabres badness after tanking for high picks and getting a near generational type prospect like Eichel is simply amazing. They really screwed up taking Reinhart #2, trading away a bunch of defensive prospects, and picking like zero defensemen with all their high picks they had acquired over the past few years.

Same could be said for EDM. All those #1's, still mediocre.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Did anyone watch that Pittsburgh-Tampa game? I hate hockey conspiracies but as time goes on I sometimes actually believe the NHL is actively helping the Penguins win. It seems like that has to be impossible and crazy... But things like them forgetting the stupid "intent to blow the whistle" rule on Crosby's goal the other night sometimes have me convinced.

Of course there's no way, but it actually seems that way sometimes.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Did anyone watch that Pittsburgh-Tampa game? I hate hockey conspiracies but as time goes on I sometimes actually believe the NHL is actively helping the Penguins win. It seems like that has to be impossible and crazy... But things like them forgetting the stupid "intent to blow the whistle" rule on Crosby's goal the other night sometimes have me convinced.

It’s amazing how high they are in the standings with the goal differential. Some of it is games played but it’s still pretty high

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

At some point, when do all the lucky breaks and bounces go from being mere coincidences to something more

The most obvious was when the NHL decided to cram the first two stanley cup finals games back to back in 2009 knowing full well the wings were banged up. We had never seen that kind of scheduling before and haven't seen it since

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wings fans need to get over the 2009 "slights". I am annoyed by the scheduling and think they were too focused on getting two weekend games in due to the schedule, but it had nothing to do with the Red Wings being injured.

And people bring up the Malkin non-suspension, but that very same playoff Scott Walker had his instigator suspension rescinded on the same merits.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wings fans need to get over the 2009 "slights". I am annoyed by the scheduling and think they were too focused on getting two weekend games in due to the schedule, but it had nothing to do with the Red Wings being injured.

And people bring up the Malkin non-suspension, but that very same playoff Scott Walker had his instigator suspension rescinded on the same merits.

The league doing something they have done exactly once and it involved a war over half a century earlier was weird. It was absolutely detrimental to the Wings. Yes they won the first two games, but they would have played the series with a healthy Lidstrom and Datsyuk would have been available for game 2 given the other timelines.

It was mickey mouse crap that helped the anointed golden boy have a better chance at the cup. Why would I get over that? Wisconsin basketball fans should never get over getting screwed in the finals by the Duke whistle.

The NHL allowed Walker to do that??? They allowed Malkin to do that? It was ******** then and it is now. It is why we think supplemental discipline is a joke. They cannot stick to their own rules and standards.

I am never forgetting 2009. I am thankful for the times we did win, but I remember what the league did, it wasn't right then and it isn't right now.

You grow past it, but I understand those that want to bring it up. It was brutal from all angles in terms of that final. Stuff you really don't expect to see playing out on the biggest stage.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

If wings fans don’t bring it up all the time everybody will forget it and then the nhl will repeat it

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Really bummed we didn’t do something to land Debrincat. I get the reticence in drafting him but he’s a hometown kid in the truest sense of the word and his junior numbers were nuts. Could’ve had our own Johnny Hockey.

Reactions: Ezekial

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If wings fans don’t bring it up all the time everybody will forget it and then the nhl will repeat it
Repeat what? The scheduling? It was an unfortunate timing incident and if it happens again they will do it again regardless.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Really bummed we didn’t do something to land Debrincat. I get the reticence in drafting him but he’s a hometown kid in the truest sense of the word and his junior numbers were nuts. Could’ve had our own Johnny Hockey.

He went 16 places after our first pick after trading down to shed the Dats contract, but still 7 before our next pick. We'd have to have been really high on him to pick him in those circumstances.

Oct 18, 2006
Rangers fans hating on Smith. Some things never change.

We dodged an almighty bullet there. Thanks Brendan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad