Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Forward Jaromir Jagr will make his debut for the Calgary Flames against the Los Angeles Kings at Staples Center on Wednesday (10:30 pm ET; FS-W, SNW, NHL.TV). Jagr, 45, has been practicing with the Flames, skating on a line with left wing Kris Versteeg and center Sam Bennett, since signing a one-year, $1 million contract on October 4. He will play with them against the Kings.

Jaromir Jagr, who had 46 points (16 goals, 30 assists) with the Florida Panthers last season, said he's not expecting to make an instant impact with his new team but expects to be a contributor. "I care a lot. I want to play the best I can play," he said. "I know it's not going to be very good, but hopefully in some games I can be better. "I always go there to perform at a high level. It's not about me. It's about the team and about my teammates. I want to help them. I don't want to be there just to be there. I want to help them, make them better."

Wednesday will be Jaromir Jagr's 1,712 NHL game, fourth on the League's all-time list. His 765 NHL goals are third behind Wayne Gretzky (894) and Gordie Howe (801). "Nobody really cares what you did 20 years ago," Jagr said when asked about his career accomplishments, which include five NHL scoring titles. "Show me what you can do for us now.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Entertaining game between the Leafs and Blackhawks. The Leafs are so skilled and coached so well. Mathews with the brilliant shot in OT to win the game.

*sigh*

Matthews is soo good.

I wish Eichel had his motor on the ice.
I almost never see Matthews floating around.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Not sure which thread to put this in, but Pronman gave out grades for the 2014 Draft. Here's his blurb in re: Buffalo. [Behind The Athletic's paywall.]

Buffalo: C+

This draft class for Buffalo was a big contributor to the firing of former GM Tim Murray. A second overall pick and five picks within the top 61 and your return is one fine top six forward in Sam Reinhart and next to zilch after in real NHL prospects, although winger Brendan Lemieux, now with Winnipeg, and goalie Jonas Johansson have mild chances.

https://theathletic.com/124400/2017/10/11/pronman-grading-the-2014-nhl-draft-class/

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Watching Hischier I think Mittelstadt could have played for us this year, he's every bit as skilled and fast.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Watching Hischier I think Mittelstadt could have played for us this year, he's every bit as skilled and fast.

Even if that's true, why does it matter? We'll never really know. And he is where he should be. Skipping college would not have been a smart move for multiple reasons, especially considering where our team is right now.

Reactions: Chainshot

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Pens brought their own refs to the Caps game. Pretty sure the 2nd Pens goal was kicked in too.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
You think Housley will get 3 years like John Hynes? Nope. We have no patience here.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Having to pre-evaluate college players sucks so much.
Not only that, but even the amateur scouting on Mittlestadt was spotty given he played high school for half a season, which made it difficult to project his maturity and readiness.

I do agree it is probably a good thing he isn't on the roster. Nylander is the guy that needs to take that available elite winger spot by dominating in the AHL.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/shawn-thornton-parkinsons/

Even when I was in juniors over 20 years ago, I used to drop the gloves quite a bit. And the thing about fights in junior hockey is that the crowds there are so much smaller, and some people get real quiet — so you can hear every “ohh” and “ahh” throughout the arena.

Or, if you had a grandmother like mine at your games, you’d hear this:

“F****** kill him, Shawn! Get him!”

That was Nanny.

Saying she was a character is an understatement. The old Irish Queen, that’s what we used to call her. She was born in Belfast and she came over to Canada with her family. But her Irish never left her. She was the type of lady to give me a swig of whiskey when I was underage on St. Patrick’s Day, or sneak me a $20 dollar bill to go have fun with my friends after a juniors game. Her name was Maureen, and she was quick-witted and didn’t take s*** from anybody.

:laugh:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Foligno just got clocked with a haymaker from Hayden. Marcus lost that fight....

And Ennis is getting clobbered every shift. With his concussion history, I dunno how much more he can take.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->