Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Found this goal the other day by him. Guy's got a ****ing rocket of a shot. Listen to how loud the ping is.

Risto is a beast. Just recently wrote a piece on him for a site I do things for. He is pretty beastly already. Big and solid AF. Hard shot and pretty good awareness. Not very good shot suppressing yet though, the heat maps when he's on the ice are pretty bad

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Its nice to have 2 of our own on that list. Our D should be very good this year.... but hot damn Preds have 3 dmen on there.:amazed:

Also Hamilton is not better then McD. How would Hamilton look if he had to carry Girardi on his back the past 3 seasons?

Personally I like McDonagh over several of the guys over him including Shattenkirk....but also Josi, Weber (overrated at this point), Suter, Byfuglien and Hamilton.

After Karlsson I'd probably have Hedman at No. 2. Fowler ain't that good.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
That is a big leap coming from an ELC

I don't think it is. Nashville has been very aggressive with these types of deals for guys including Arvidsson, Josi, and Ellis and they have one of the cleanest cap sheets in the league. I like the deal for Columbus a lot given Wennberg's upside and current production.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Anyone else catch that video of McDonagh & Skjei doing the 'Drive-By Slapshot Challenge' in Minnesota? It was pretty hilarious... I saw it on the NHL mobile app, under the Rangers team page. Can't find it on Youtube so I'm unable to link it here.

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
The Duke re-signed with the Coyotes for 1.2 million. I would've offered him double that and let the Coyotes match it if they wanted to.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
That is a big leap coming from an ELC

Agreed AZ...that's alot of cashish for a guy who's only had one solid year. I dunno and not saying he isn't good or that I wouldn't love to have him on our club but wouldn't you want to see him do it again before you commit so must cash and term to the guy...just sayin?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Anyone else catch that video of McDonagh & Skjei doing the 'Drive-By Slapshot Challenge' in Minnesota? It was pretty hilarious... I saw it on the NHL mobile app, under the Rangers team page. Can't find it on Youtube so I'm unable to link it here.

Haven't seen that challenge you speak of and would like to but check out this funny ass Barstool video where Vesey, Skjei and Hayes take on El Prez(Dave Portnoy) in the "goalie shootout'. I love this **** as it LOL funny. I wish Hayes was so accurate in real life as he shows in this video...lol

Check it out if you guys haven't seen this....funny ****....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeJ_-h9o3Xk

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Duke re-signed with the Coyotes for 1.2 million. I would've offered him double that and let the Coyotes match it if they wanted to.

His 15 points in 58 games really do not warrant 2.4m AAV. And Duclair isn't as good as people make him out to be

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

I'm surprised he got that much. Without arb rights, the Coyotes had all the leverage. Duke was really listless last year.

While I'm not optimistic about Tocchet replacing Tippett, this is one player it might actually help.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm surprised he got that much. Without arb rights, the Coyotes had all the leverage. Duke was really listless last year.

While I'm not optimistic about Tocchet replacing Tippett, this is one player it might actually help.

Duke might be one of those guys who really needs the right coach and the right circumstances to be effective, or else he's underwhelming.

His trend of starts and stops goes back to juniors.

There was a time he was seen as a potential top-10 pick, and then he underwhelmed.

Then he suddenly put things together and his stock soared.

Then he made the Rangers, got sent back to juniors nd kind of took a little bit of step back again.

Then he had a strong rookie season with the Coyotes.

Then he had an abysmal sophmore season.

From a talent standpoint, the upside is pretty darn high. What he ultimately delivers is anyone's guess at this point though.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Duke might be one of those guys who really needs the right coach and the right circumstances to be effective, or else he's underwhelming.

His trend of starts and stops goes back to juniors.

There was a time he was seen as a potential top-10 pick, and then he underwhelmed.

Then he suddenly put things together and his stock soared.

Then he made the Rangers, got sent back to juniors nd kind of took a little bit of step back again.

Then he had a strong rookie season with the Coyotes.

Then he had an abysmal sophmore season.

From a talent standpoint, the upside is pretty darn high. What he ultimately delivers is anyone's guess at this point though.

He reminds me of Grachev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->