Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
1 OA to us, 2OA to Detroit, 3OA to Chicago. I'd be cool with that, I got no hate for those 2 teams. And all fans of non-O6 teams would be so ****ing salty lmao would be so great.
Everyone said they were sick of Edmonton winning the lottery every year. What they meant was they wanted their own team to win every year. The system worked how everyone imagined, then it was processed endless conspiracies

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Can you imagine the conspiracy theory hate if the Rangers win the lottery for Dahlin. It will make the Pens getting Crosby look like child's play.
Yeah, in 2005 there was zero talk about the lottery being rigged for the Penguins. It was all Rangers. The logic of that rigging only became obvious retroactively.

Reactions: Rangers_23

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
how is that possible playing on a team with Draisaitl and McDavid? wow
Well you have one of the slowest skaters in the NHL riding shotgun to the fastest skater. Reminds me of when I was a dog walker, for a few weeks I walked this pair of black labs...one was ancient, and the other one was like 1-1/2 years old lol

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Was planning on waiting up for the Oilers game but fell asleep with them down 2-1. Woke up to a nice surprise.

Lottery not withstanding, this moving up a position in the draft could be important.

Would have been nice if Chicago had gotten a point. Certainly with the talent they have on the roster, they're overall play down the stretch has been a complete joke. Other teams you could say they are awful, however, they have more than enough talent to maybe be bad, but not nearly as bad as they have been.

Come on the lottery!!...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Panthers up 2-1 against Bruins. Their fans must absolutely hate us right now. If we won either of those games against NJ/Philly, they’d make the playoffs, (assuming they win this in regulation).

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
So the Boston pick could be as high as 21 and the Tampa pick could be as high as 25 (both pretty unlikely). I'm hoping the Boston pick is 22 and Tampa's 31.

Reactions: jas and Berserk

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Panthers up 2-1 against Bruins. Their fans must absolutely hate us right now. If we won either of those games against NJ/Philly, they’d make the playoffs, (assuming they win this in regulation).

You're good damned right. Absolutely embarrassing display yesterday.

Not mad at you (the fans).

Reactions: Ail

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
You're good damned right. Absolutely embarrassing display yesterday.

Not mad at you (the fans).
You should be mad at him (aufheben)

The plan should be to play well enough to not depend on help from shitty teams down the stretch.

Reactions: Ail

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So the Boston pick could be as high as 21 and the Tampa pick could be as high as 25 (both pretty unlikely). I'm hoping the Boston pick is 22 and Tampa's 31.
So who do we have to root for to get the Bruins pick at 21/22? If the Bruins lose (look out for all the leafs fans chest thumping) what other teams would have to lose to push them to 21/22? I'm guessing division winners like Washington? Vegas?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
So who do we have to root for to get the Bruins pick at 21/22? If the Bruins lose (look out for all the leafs fans chest thumping) what other teams would have to lose to push them to 21/22? I'm guessing division winners like Washington? Vegas?

Let the Leafs fans thump their chests if it gets us the higher pick.

They can make it all the way to the finals for all I care as long as they lose.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
For them to get 21, 4 non-division winners who aren't Winnipeg would need to make the Conference Finals.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->