Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Vancouver is a really nice city, been there and had a blast but the travel schedule is brutal for that part of the world. Road games are always flights. The closest team to them won't be in the league until next decade (Seattle) and even that is longer than NY-Philly. Also the Canucks are the #1 team in that town, the next competition is the MLS or CFL so a lot of pressure to win and probably can't go out and just have a diner with friends.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Personally, I am not so sure that Edmonton would be a destination of choice for Erik.
The reason I say this is simply that I don't consider the Oilers as being on track for success by default. It's not like they pay their time in purgatory and then heaven awaits. It doesn't work that way. They could conceivably be no closer to Stanley Cup territory than the Arizona Coyotes.
If he wants to play in a hockey-mad city and be part of a quest for success, maybe not a bad gamble. He certainly would increase the Oilers chances. The Oilers brass never quite got that you need something good on the D corps. Kevin Lowe, McTavish and company should all have been fired long ago, but that is another story.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It will be announced on Wednesday that the Isles won the bid for Belmont. They will play at least one more season at Barclays and it is possible the year after they play one season at the Zombie Coliseum.

Reactions: TheTakedown

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Two dudes from the Austrian League fighting in the tunnel during an intermission, when one was about to do an interview. I like how even here, no one wants to be third man in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad