Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Something is brewing in Ottawa. All of Karlsson's "I love it here. I don't want to leave" and "Giving my list of teams I will accept a trade to is just business" (I paraphrase on all this, but the message is accurate) would not even come up if there was no turmoil. He might stay, he might not, but I don't know how people could think there isn't serious stuff going on. Melnyk is a 'stick my fingers in the pie' kind of owner.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I did. He's a bottom pairing d-man who can do alright in the right situations and provided he doesn't play big minutes. With that cap hit he had to go.

I think he's a middle pairing defenseman. He's 4th on the Lightning in minutes per game among D, and Coburn's 1 second per game ahead of him, which is negligible, its one extended shift extra. Thats on the best team in the league.

Either way, he's a better hockey player than Staal, Holden, Smith, Kampfer, why did we need to buy that player out? We are paying part of the cap hit anyway. Is our defense better now than last season? No, its not.

Reactions: Off Sides

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think he's a middle pairing defenseman. He's 4th on the Lightning in minutes per game among D, and Coburn's 1 second per game ahead of him, which is negligible, its one extended shift extra. Thats on the best team in the league.

Either way, he's a better hockey player than Staal, Holden, Smith, Kampfer, why did we need to buy that player out? We are paying part of the cap hit anyway. Is our defense better now than last season? No, its not.

Agree on everyone except Smith.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Something is brewing in Ottawa. All of Karlsson's "I love it here. I don't want to leave" and "Giving my list of teams I will accept a trade to is just business" (I paraphrase on all this, but the message is accurate) would not even come up if there was no turmoil. He might stay, he might not, but I don't know how people could think there isn't serious stuff going on. Melnyk is a 'stick my fingers in the pie' kind of owner.

I think it's more along the line Ottawa told him "we can't pay you anywhere near you are asking and we won't let you walk so get your list ready".

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Wasn't Kassian the gutless puke that wished Vesey would bleed out on the ice?

Hate it for Dubi, but anything that hurts Columbus is good for the Rangers.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I think it's more along the line Ottawa told him "we can't pay you anywhere near you are asking and we won't let you walk so get your list ready".

Yeah, definitely looks that way. I'm no doubt not up to date on the status of impending FA's around the league so this situation may be old news now, but it just really sank in for me yesterday. Karlsson is the face of the franchise, similar to the way Alfredsson was. I saw the way Alfie left, and it seemed shoddy (not that it was the same situation as Karlsson who is still in his prime). They just seem to have a way of letting things go south. Senators have enough problems putting bums in seats, though some of their problems are likely because the city of Ottawa does not have a large corporate base, with more financial pressure on the ownership.
I know nothing about the various contracts the Senators have, and where their challenges are cap-wise, but EK will get a big contract somewhere.

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Thr Flyers have won 4 straight games. They have played all of the western teams on the road. Their schedule is loaded with eastern conference teams. Easy travel. They host Buffalo tonight. One game in hand on the Rangers. They can be 2 points behind the Rangers even in games played. The Flyers won 10 straight last December and they missed the playoffs.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thank god everyday Girardi isn't on this team

More power to him he is playing decent on Tampa

He was bad here

Sometimes a different scenery and new system does a player good. Happy for him, I think Stralman, him, and Cally are going to get their cup this year. Wish the Rangers had a powerhouse like a Kucherov, Stamkos, or Hedman.

Reactions: Ori

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Devils another loser point. Hopefully they won't be at the top of league in that category like they were last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad