Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Hank for my draft.
Looking back, the 2000 draft (I miss 1999 by a month) really had a lack of true top-end talent

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Anyone watch TB with any regularity? Wondering how Callahan is doing. He was supposedly looking way better in camp, though I was very skeptical at his age and with his style of play. Seems like he's put up a goose egg so far - wondering if he's been playing well and had bad luck or just looks cooked.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone watch TB with any regularity? Wondering how Callahan is doing. He was supposedly looking way better in camp, though I was very skeptical at his age and with his style of play. Seems like he's put up a goose egg so far - wondering if he's been playing well and had bad luck or just looks cooked.

He has looked very good, like his old self, but don't take my word lol, ask some of the Tampa fans. He is not getting PP time and is getting around 14 mins a night in ice time. Not easy to produce. He is having a season similar to Nash. Looks good but nothing or little to show for it. Hitting hard and doing his thing.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He has looked very good, like his old self, but don't take my word lol, ask some of the Tampa fans. He is not getting PP time and is getting around 14 mins a night in ice time. Not easy to produce. He is having a season similar to Nash. Looks good but nothing or little to show for it. Hitting hard and doing his thing.
Hmm thanks, that’s interesting.

Wonder how his season is going to go.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Some interesting players in my draft year but I'm going to go with Zemgus Girgensons for no other reason than the fact that he has his own Latvian hip hop song.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Tampa with another W - Nikita Kucherov show. 2011 TBL, 2nd rd, 28th pk (58th overall)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Tampa with another W - Nikita Kucherov show. 2011 TBL, 2nd rd, 28th pk (58th overall)

He is saving me in fantasy hockey so far. I had the 4th overall pick and took a bit of a risk with Ovechkin still on the board (First 3 to be picked were McDavid, Crosby and Holtby) but I feel Kucherov can win the Art Ross trophy if he stays healthy.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's not NHL related, but the SPHL (which is basically the bottom tier of pro hockey in the US) adopted a "pick your opponent" playoff system where the top three teams get to pick their opponent. Could be fun.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
It's not NHL related, but the SPHL (which is basically the bottom tier of pro hockey in the US) adopted a "pick your opponent" playoff system where the top three teams get to pick their opponent. Could be fun.

That would be cool. Open it up to a fan vote for the lulz.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
My Draft Year was the 1999 draft which turned out to be a pretty ugly class (Lol) so by default it's the Sedins. Martin Erat led the Predators to Filip Forsberg so that's cool.....?????

As for Cally, haven't seen Tampa play but no offense from his so far per the stats. I said per the trade in 2014 that I fully expect five years from then that he's back with the Rangers in a role similar to Ortmeyer/Graves or will be at the Garden all the time. Tampa is pretty much going to buy him out after this season and he'll probably get a PTO from Buffalo or Colo and then be out of the league by 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad