Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I really hope Chicago gets f***ed by the lottery and moves down. I actually like the Hawks but they've had enough luck already (plus they won the lottery to draft Kane, Philadelphia should have drafted 1 OA) and if they win Dahlin in their first bad year that would just be unfair.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They got crushed by the worst team in hockey the other night. I didn't even have to watch the game to know they have flat out given up. Some of their younger guys are trying but thats about it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I really hope Chicago gets ****ed by the lottery and moves down. I actually like the Hawks but they've had enough luck already (plus they won the lottery to draft Kane, Philadelphia should have drafted 1 OA) and if they win Dahlin in their first bad year that would just be unfair.

HF complains when perennial tankers get 1OA, HF complains when perennial good teams get 1OA.

Reactions: DutchShamrock

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If the Islanders (hoping for 3pt game!) And Oilers win in conjunction with a Rangers loss, the Rangers will have 8th worst record in the league. Chicago would also be just 2pts behind the Rangers (Rangers would have 1 game in hand).

Finishing 7th worst would guarantee a top 10 pick.

Reactions: GregSirico

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Horrid night on the scoreboard. Why did chicago even bother winning a game. lol
Hopefully oilers can find a way to win.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If the Islanders (hoping for 3pt game!) And Oilers win in conjunction with a Rangers loss, the Rangers will have 8th worst record in the league. Chicago would also be just 2pts behind the Rangers (Rangers would have 1 game in hand).

Finishing 7th worst would guarantee a top 10 pick.
7th isn't happening unfortunately. never really was. Our hope now is to stay 10 or 9. Islanders may just beat us and no one else rest of year lol

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You do realize that the Isles have Ottawa and Detroit on their schedule yeah?
You do realize they just lost at home to a team that got blown out at home to the worst team in hockey the night before right? You do realize we have the most competent of goaltending by a fair margin with all those teams right? All i'm saying is its just as realistic to get 9th or 10th as it is to move to 7th or 8th.
Actually more realistic. Unlike the thought that a couple of weeks ago thought that we would actually would have a chance at being in bottom 5.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You do realize they just lost at home to a team that got blown out at home to the worst team in hockey the night before right? You do realize we have the most competent of goaltending by a fair margin with all those teams right? All i'm saying is its just as realistic to get 9th or 10th as it is to move to 7th or 8th.
Actually more realistic. Unlike the thought that a couple of weeks ago thought that we would actually would have a chance at being in bottom 5.

Yeah, but you were also out there trumpeting about how this team was not any worse than teams like CBJ and Florida, they didn't get the memo.

FYI, Arizona is no longer the worst team in hockey, the team we just blew out is. Might want to check what the Coyotes have done since the new year: Spoiler alert- they've been good.

Ranger schedule isn't exactly easy shakes from here on out either. They've got 3 games against 2 division leaders who are trying to wrap up home ice advantage and other teams still trying to secure their spots in NJ and Philly with games vs the Canes and Isles (who we never beat) mixed in - those last 4 are on the road where the Rangers have been anything but good this season.

We easily have the most competent goaltending, but against the leagues elite it hasn't really mattered. They got that one lucky win in Winnipeg and squeaked by Pittsburgh a few weeks ago (who the Isles just also beat), they've been beaten by everyone else who is worth a damn, guess who most of the schedule is comprised of?

Plus its not like the Isles will be facing Ranger level goaltending against Detroit and Ottawa. Ottawa in particular is almost just as bad as the Isles are in terms of letting up goals.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Think Tampa is going to be like a 2nd round maybe even 1st round exit. They either show up to play or totally disappear. Nothing in between. Kinda stinks, was really rooting for them, for a lot of different reasons.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, but you were also out there trumpeting about how this team was not any worse than teams like CBJ and Florida, they didn't get the memo.

FYI, Arizona is no longer the worst team in hockey, the team we just blew out is. Might want to check what the Coyotes have done since the new year: Spoiler alert- they've been good.

Ranger schedule isn't exactly easy shakes from here on out either. They've got 3 games against 2 division leaders who are trying to wrap up home ice advantage and other teams still trying to secure their spots in NJ and Philly with games vs the Canes and Isles (who we never beat) mixed in - those last 4 are on the road where the Rangers have been anything but good this season.

We easily have the most competent goaltending, but against the leagues elite it hasn't really mattered. They got that one lucky win in Winnipeg and squeaked by Pittsburgh a few weeks ago (who the Isles just also beat), they've been beaten by everyone else who is worth a damn, guess who most of the schedule is comprised of?

Plus its not like the Isles will be facing Ranger level goaltending against Detroit and Ottawa. Ottawa in particular is almost just as bad as the Isles are in terms of letting up goals.

I felt columbus was a good team that was really underachieving. I'm still not sold on florida. I hope they get in but still doubtful about them.
Aren't you the one that was trumpeting that this team would be able to drop to bottom 3-5. well as we have seen that isn't even close to happening. What have they gone since the trade deadline? 6-4-2.

You made a mistake. the hawks lost to the pathetic canucks not arizona. vancouver is the worst team in hockey not arizona.
So where do you feel we end up placing when all is said and done? you don't think the rangers can secure 5-6 points the rest of the way ?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Vasilevsky has been pretty bad since January.

That and Tampa's PK sucks. You can win the cup with a bad PP, but you won't find a team that wins one with a bad PK.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Think Tampa is going to be like a 2nd round maybe even 1st round exit. They either show up to play or totally disappear. Nothing in between. Kinda stinks, was really rooting for them, for a lot of different reasons.

They could be playing NJ in round one who i believe they have not beaten this season.
Really wanted to see a tampa florida first round.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Vasilevsky has been pretty bad since January.

That and Tampa's PK sucks. You can win the cup with a bad PP, but you won't find a team that wins one with a bad PK.

Yeah, and from watching the games it is not the players on the PK, it is the coaching and execution. I also think Cooper has overkilled guys in mins, especially Vasy, and the top 6.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I felt columbus was a good team that was really underachieving. I'm still not sold on florida. I hope they get in but still doubtful about them.
Aren't you the one that was trumpeting that this team would be able to drop to bottom 3-5. well as we have seen that isn't even close to happening. What have they gone since the trade deadline? 6-4-2.

You made a mistake. the hawks lost to the pathetic canucks not arizona. vancouver is the worst team in hockey not arizona.
So where do you feel we end up placing when all is said and done? you don't think the rangers can secure 5-6 points the rest of the way ?

I think 4-3 or 3-3-1 would be the most "optimistic" outcome that one could hope for with the remaining schedule. I don't see it, this team still loses to good teams. 2-5 is what I see happening. So yes 5 points is possible if they can squeak out an OT loss in place of a regulation one but depending on what Edmonton does tonight 5 points also probably ensures that they pass us and it'll also be enough to keep Carolina ahead of us with the possibility of the Isles passing as well. So yeah 8-9 is where I see them probably ending up. Those back to back 50 save performances that you and the rest of the PP's celebrated killed this team's chances of getting into the top 5-6 along with that come back win vs Pittsburgh. I hope it was worth it.

Also, Vancouver is not the worst team in the league- still Buffalo.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They could be playing NJ in round one who i believe they have not beaten this season.
Really wanted to see a tampa florida first round.

Well if they face NJ ,can go to a game up here.I already have a planned trip next month to go to Tampa for a game. But coming back for one also would be pretty cool. Also its not MSG so won;t be paying a crazy amount, lol.

The only thing is NJ will be a tough 1st round, and if they get Boston 2nd round think that is where they exit. But hope I’m wrong.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Well if they face NJ ,can go to a game up here.I already have a planned trip next month to go to Tampa for a game. But coming back for one also would be pretty cool. Also its not MSG so won;t be paying a crazy amount, lol.

The only thing is NJ will be a tough 1st round, and if they get Boston 2nd round think that is where they exit. But hope I’m wrong.

Well hope you get to see tampa next month but not against nj. Hopefully against the panthers ;)
As stacked as tampa is could you imagine them being bounced in the first?! I know we need them to win the cup but it would be hilarious if they lost in round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad