Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm probably wrong, but most Muslims might consider themselves a "race" in the same way that Jewish people consider themselves a race.

Obviously, there are exceptions, like converts, but the gist is the same.
I don't want this thread to get off the rails but I think the big difference is that the Jewish faith typically didn't seek converts while Islam does (The same would be my opinion if someone was to claim Christians were a race).

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't want this thread to get off the rails but I think the big difference is that the Jewish faith typically didn't seek converts while Islam does (The same would be my opinion if someone was to claim Christians were a race).
That's fair. I agree with that.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
You are aware that Muslim is a religion and not a race right? In the former Soviet republics and the Balkans there are tons of Muslims who are Caucasian (EG: the Boston Marathon bombers who were both white).
Technically Islam is the religion...a Muslim is someone who follows it.

And no...i am completely unaware of what you said....thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The Good:
Detroit up 2-1 on Flyers
Islanders up 2-1 on Pens
Edmonton up 6-3 on the Canes

The Bad:
Ottawa down 3-1 vs Panthers

Hopefully Chicago beats the Avs, and Vancouver beats the Knights.

No other game really has any impact.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I would think we want the Panthers to win so it increases the chance that the Devils don't make the playoffs.

Panthers would be 1 point behind the Devils with a game in hand. Blue Jackets beat the Rangers tonight and they will be up 5pts on the Devils in the 7th seed.

Reactions: bl02 and Claxton

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't think there's any chance we finish lower than 7th. Just too many points for Montreal, Ottawa and Detroit to make up. I'd rather see Philly win and stay ahead of NJ. Hopefully NJ loses to SJ.

Reactions: bl02

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Only teams I can see passing the Rangers are the Islander, Blackhawks and Oilers. Would put the Rangers are 7th worst which would give them a 21% chance to pick top 3 and about a 7% chance of getting #1. Worst pick would be #10 In that case right?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Only teams I can see passing the Rangers are the Islander, Blackhawks and Oilers. Would put the Rangers are 7th worst which would give them a 21% chance to pick top 3 and about a 7% chance of getting #1. Worst pick would be #10 In that case right?
Yes, 7th worst means that 10th overall is the worst pick they could get.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
There are several teams, like Detroit, Chicago and Carolina, who look like they couldn't win a game if the opposing team pulled their goalie for the first two minutes of a period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad