Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
watching Vince Dunn and Alex Debrincat gives me hope maybe we can hit on at least one or two of our late first rounders/ second rounders.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
and there you go another day where no tank teams win.
With the defense/goaltending the islanders and chicago are showing they will need to score 5-6 goals a game to garner any wins.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
and there you go another day where no tank teams win.
With the defense/goaltending the islanders and chicago are showing they will need to score 5-6 goals a game to garner any wins.

With the goals Chicago are letting in, I'm just happy they picked something up, even one point.

And the Carolina game has to be classed as a win. I'm trying to be positive here :naughty:

Reactions: bl02

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I've already accepted that we're picking 10-12... we got hot at the wrong time. Kreider is fresh an Georgiev is going to everything in his power to try and get a backup role next year

Reactions: bl02

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Vegas really got gifted some quality players with those stupid deals teams made.

I know that Columbus couldn't see into the future and predict that Karlsson would score like this but it's crazy to look back at the trade and see what Vegas got from Columbus just to keep them from drafting someone like Anderson or Johnson. They had to take Clarkson but also got a first round pick and a second round pick. Not too bad.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
They won't pick any lower than 11th.

I think they'll settle in around 9-10.

We won't finish lower than 11th--we aren't passing Florida or Calgary--but if teams picking after us win one of the top 3 picks (and we don't), that will push us back. In theory, we could move back as far as pick 14.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Non-playoff teams pick anywhere from X to X+3, with X being the final place in the standings relative to last place (1 is last, two is second to last, etc.)

Good to keep this in mind going forward.

Obviously teams ending up from 13th to 15th won't have this issue since there are only 15 teams affected by the lottery.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Non-playoff teams pick anywhere from X to X+3, with X being the final place in the standings relative to last place (1 is last, two is second to last, etc.)

Good to keep this in mind going forward.

Obviously teams ending up from 13th to 15th won't have this issue since there are only 15 teams affected by the lottery.

Of course they could also pick anywhere from X-(X-1) to X-(X-3) as well.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Calgary lost again. Islanders are going to have 2 lottery picks. Just have to hope they don't win with either pick.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Calgary lost again. Islanders are going to have 2 lottery picks. Just have to hope they don't win with either pick.

Well it would fit with their MO to have one or two stars/superstars, and not be able to surround them with anything substantial or consistent.

Dahlin can spent the next 9 years of his career being an elite player going nowhere,

Garth Snow can continue to show just how much of a good ol' boy network the NHL is with his ability to stay employed in the league, as both as player and as an executive, despite his mediocrity at both,

Islander fans can continue to make a half-ass'd attempt to support their team,

Isles ownership can continue to look around for their "happy hunting grounds", be it in Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn or Queens,

And the world will keep on turning.

Reactions: McRanger and jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad