Around the NHL 2014-15, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Kurt ‏@Kurt_BSH 24m24 minutes ago
Claude Giroux is now the only current Flyer who played in a regular-season game with the team before the start of the 2011-12 season. Yeesh.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kurt ‏@Kurt_BSH 24m24 minutes ago
Claude Giroux is now the only current Flyer who played in a regular-season game with the team before the start of the 2011-12 season. Yeesh.

But look at all those wonderful assets they got. I mean they have done awesome.:sarcasm:

Oh I don't quite know how to explain falling from Cup finalists to out of the playoffs also-rans. I mean Pronger is a big deal, but lets be honest here if the Flyers were cleaning up in these trades like a lot of people around here seem to think, they would be a better team right now.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Really interested to see how Anaheim does now. They're a team that, for a few years now, has had a record much better than how they look on paper. I'm not sure switching up 3/7 (albeit two 5-7 guys) of your defenseman is the best idea when you seem to run so well on chemistry.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Nestrasil now has 14 points in 33 games. Just 1 fewer point than both Jurco and Jarnkrok in about 25 fewer games.

He wouldn't have gotten 14 minutes a night here, so unfair comparison, but still.

Brandel*

Really interested to see how Anaheim does now. They're a team that, for a few years now, has had a record much better than how they look on paper. I'm not sure switching up 3/7 (albeit two 5-7 guys) of your defenseman is the best idea when you seem to run so well on chemistry.

Especially with Babcock's likely interest in coaching there

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
But look at all those wonderful assets they got. I mean they have done awesome.:sarcasm:

Oh I don't quite know how to explain falling from Cup finalists to out of the playoffs also-rans. I mean Pronger is a big deal, but lets be honest here if the Flyers were cleaning up in these trades like a lot of people around here seem to think, they would be a better team right now.

Bingo, oh god bingo. I've been with you on the Flyers situation since the start.

Okay, the Flyers lost Pronger. That's fair. Wings lost Lidstrom. Doesn't particularly matter how they lost the guy, it happened, and the teams have taken very different paths. One is still building towards something while making the playoffs and winning games, and the other is floundering around trying to create a team identity.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Bingo, oh god bingo. I've been with you on the Flyers situation since the start.

Okay, the Flyers lost Pronger. That's fair. Wings lost Lidstrom. Doesn't particularly matter how they lost the guy, it happened, and the teams have taken very different paths. One is still building towards something while making the playoffs and winning games, and the other is floundering around trying to create a team identity.

yea but the flyers have been active with trades and free agent signings. that's all the matters :sarcasm:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Holmgren and Holland are about as opposite as two people get.

Luckily for Flyers fans his time of acquiring a guy and then moving him out of the organization shortly afterwards is over.

Hextall got a good amount for Coburn, their "rebuild" might be shorter if the D prospects they have are as good as their fans on this site claim they are.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Luckily for Flyers fans his time of acquiring a guy and then moving him out of the organization shortly afterwards is over.

Flyers have always been about making hasty player personnel decisions. Hextall won't change that. Let's see how quickly they trade Voracek after signing him this offseason. Bet he doesn't last three seasons.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Well like, unlike the Red Wings, the Flyers signed bloated up contracts and made terrible trades such as: The Bryz contract, the Lecavalier contract, the Streit contract, the Macdonald trade and contract. Holmgrem absolutely mucked up that team, so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->