Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I did like Gully. Now he’s dead to me.
I do think with how highly respected Gully seems to be within hockey circles that he could have gone to a team with a less shambolic management team than the Oilers. But I think he chose to take a job close to Calgary to make the move on his family less difficult. I remember when he was on After Hours once that he talked about how often they had moved for him and how he was finally ready to settle down in one place

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I’m going to need to see this gif. You know, for science.

Kane is now 1/7th overpaid. (I was expecting 6 million)

8vYQ4id.gif

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Savvy move by the Oilers, Gully knows our ins and outs better than anyone.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Gulutzan should make for a better assistant than head coach but yeah, he never really got the best out of this roster. And prior to him, the Flames rarely had trouble with the Oilers for a good long stretch.

Still, a shame it had to be Oilers but it's understandable what with his young family.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sure Gully knows our players well, but I’m not worried about him at all. Peters isn’t going to coach the same way he did, what it will come down to is if the Flames can execute better under Beters.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Weren't the odds like 200-1 in preseason? $50 wins you $10,000.

Man I wish I gambled, and also that I bet on Vegas. On the flip side, if I did I'd presently be dead from a heart attack, or damn close.

Leicester winning the 2015-16 EPL had odds 5000-1 before the season. Previous season they were almost guaranteed to be relegated, but finished the season winning 7 out of 9 and survived. Late in that winning season UK betting companies were buying back the bets with around 500-1.

Different sport and different rules, but I think that's the biggest surprise in professional sports probably ever.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Leicester winning the 2015-16 EPL had odds 5000-1 before the season. Previous season they were almost guaranteed to be relegated, but finished the season winning 7 out of 9 and survived. Late in that winning season UK betting companies were buying back the bets with around 500-1.

Different sport and different rules, but I think that's the biggest surprise in professional sports probably ever.

Leicester by far the biggest shock in the sports history imo.

Vegas is very impressive (if they win).

Both really hard to imagine when the odds were made that they would happen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think "fired" is for the clickbait headline. Everything I've read suggested they're still in the organization, so "demoted" is probably more accurate.
That's what's said of everyone that is fired for the most part. They are fired, then given a position as an "advisor" or "scout", just so they aren't paying them to do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad