Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Karlsson deserves better than that. Plain and simple. So does Tavares, and I hope to see them both move on.

Say what you will about the Flames Ownership but at least they treat their players with respect, sometimes even too much. Hopefully enough respect to build them a new building soon.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
It's just incredible how fast things hit rock bottom for them. Before the season there was talk of them being the best team in Canada, with a young, good core to build around. Now they're doing a full blown tear it down rebuild? Holy f***.

Melnyk's gotta kick rocks, sell the team, he's an embarrassment to the NHL.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
It's just incredible how fast things hit rock bottom for them. Before the season there was talk of them being the best team in Canada, with a young, good core to build around. Now they're doing a full blown tear it down rebuild? Holy ****.

They never should have even been in the discussion for best team in Ontario, let alone best in Canada. They had a long Cinderella that took them to the Conference finals and barely got them in the playoffs. Fans are far too quick to label a team good because of a fluke run.

Obviously this is an over simplification, but if Anderson returns 1 day later from his time away from his personal leave, he doesn't shut out the Isles 3-0 in his return and the Islanders get the final playoff spot and the Senators are on the outside. I don't know how anyone thought they would be that good again when they needed a miracle run just to sneak into the postseason.

Reactions: tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
They never should have even been in the discussion for best team in Ontario, let alone best in Canada. They had a long Cinderella that took them to the Conference finals and barely got them in the playoffs. Fans are far too quick to label a team good because of a fluke run.

Obviously this is an over simplification, but if Anderson returns 1 day later from his time away from his personal leave, he doesn't shut out the Isles 3-0 in his return and the Islanders get the final playoff spot and the Senators are on the outside. I don't know how anyone thought they would be that good again when they needed a miracle run just to sneak into the postseason.

I do agree, the talk was premature, but imo they did indeed have a solid foundation to build on, centered around a Franchise player. Hard fall either way

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It's just incredible how fast things hit rock bottom for them. Before the season there was talk of them being the best team in Canada, with a young, good core to build around. Now they're doing a full blown tear it down rebuild? Holy ****.

I think they were always a bit of a paper tiger.

After Karlsson that defense was pretty bad. Phaneuf is fine as the 3/4 and Ceci has shown flashes but outside of that it is pretty terrible. Up front Stone-Turris-Hoffman are ok guys but not a great 1st line and other than Brassard a whole lot of meh.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I do agree, the talk was premature, but imo they did indeed have a solid foundation to build on, centered around a Franchise player. Hard fall either way
Eh. IMO, that team is Karlsson, Stone and a whole f*** load of meh. They also lost Methot and never replaced him. They were clearly worse on paper than the previous season.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
So if Ottawa's really going full rebuild I have to wonder whether Stone actually ends up on the table...

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Ottawa's goal was deemed offside after video review. Same kind of goal as Calgary's 4th goal in Vegas game.

I fully support video review, but this is getting really ridiculous, Sens players skate was maybe half an inch above the ice so no goal

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Ottawa's goal was deemed offside after video review. Same kind of goal as Calgary's 4th goal in Vegas game.

I fully support video review, but this is getting really ridiculous, Sens players skate was maybe half an inch above the ice so no goal

They need to change the offside rule to better suit the speed of the game, plain and simple.

Reactions: Cyrano

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
They need to change the offside rule to better suit the speed of the game, plain and simple.

I don't think there is any advantage to changing the rule. Players will adjust to the rule and there will always be contentious plays. But the reviews should go away.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

giphy.gif

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
My concern with all the Kane rumours is that like Hickey maybe the Flames feel they can’t sign Fox so dealing him isn’t that big a hit but he still has a ton of value to teams that think they can sign him making him a great trade piece.

Likely just paranoia from too much Kane talk, I just am terrified he will be traded to us.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Rumor has it as the Bruins first and Zach Senyshyn, the player they drafted with the first rounder they got for Dougie Hamilton

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Scorched-earth rebuild. What's the core group of players they're going to build around, Stone and Ceci?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->