Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Okay, as annoying and wrong as OKG may be about Flames legend, Lord Paul Byron, your post is also wrong (though to a lesser extent). Byron isn't a great NHLer, but he's alright. I don't think he would have added much to make any major change with Calgary if he wasn't waived, so I agree there, but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad player. Neither does him being on one-year deals with our team. He wasn't waived "around the league" either, he was waived and got picked up.

Byron gets overrated by certain members of this board, treating him as if he's the second coming of Theoren Fleury, but it isn't like it is the exact opposite and he's a terrible hockey player. He's a decent bottom six guy who has finally figured out how to score on a breakaway once going east. I don't know why people have to deify or loathe Byron the way they do, it's stupid how far and how often discussion on Byron has gone.

I'd kill to get him back with the Flames to slot him on the 4th line. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the top 9 though.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Doesn't matter that Byron was claimed by one of the last teams the bigger issue is he was waived instead of Bolig.

Also he had 43 points last season and is on pace for 38 his season while being a great PKer. That's 3rd line or even low end 2nd line production he's not a bad hockey player.

I disgree with most of OKGs takes but he got the Byron waiving right so did Dertell who said the exact same thing.

Wish it had been Bollig or Colborne.
The day Byron was claimed.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Okay, as annoying and wrong as OKG may be about Flames legend, Lord Paul Byron, your post is also wrong (though to a lesser extent). Byron isn't a great NHLer, but he's alright. I don't think he would have added much to make any major change with Calgary if he wasn't waived, so I agree there, but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad player. Neither does him being on one-year deals with our team. He wasn't waived "around the league" either, he was waived and got picked up.

Byron gets overrated by certain members of this board, treating him as if he's the second coming of Theoren Fleury, but it isn't like it is the exact opposite and he's a terrible hockey player. He's a decent bottom six guy who has finally figured out how to score on a breakaway once going east. I don't know why people have to deify or loathe Byron the way they do, it's stupid how far and how often discussion on Byron has gone.
The reason some people have come to detest Byron is because of the months upon months of trollish posts regarding Byron severely overrating him because some posters just couldn't move on.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
It's just like that ex you left 5 years ago, and whenever her name comes up you go on a 30 min rant about how great it could have been, even though you know she's been happily married for years now. Maybe some day she gets divorce and then...
and all your friends hate her for no other reason than you won't shut up about her

Reactions: dralaf

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
and all your friends hate her for no other reason than you won't shut up about her

"yeah she was a really nice girl, too bad it didn't work out. It might be better for you to just forget about her and..."
"WHY DO YOU HATE HER!!! SHE'S PERFECT!!!!!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
There were those that thought Byron would be the next Theo?

I've always thought Byron could be a nightmare on our trek towards Lord Stanley in the same way as MSL... So, there's plenty of people who think I think Byron will become MSL.

Glad Byron is doing well, wouldn't mind having him back... but we didn't waive Martin St Louis.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
3 minutes left in the second and Blues are leading Wings 4-0 with 8 shots on the goal.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Bouwmeester is credited for the fourth goal but I'm pretty sure if was deflected, might have been Wings D of course.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Yeah, it looked like the puck fluttered after passing by the Wings D in front to me.

I looked again and there were four sticks almost hitting the puck. Really difficult to say but it might have been Berglund's goal.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I looked again and there were four sticks almost hitting the puck. Really difficult to say but it might have been Berglund's goal.
The Blues now have Bouwmeester and Berglund back? I haven't been paying attention for a couple weeks but those are 2 very big adds for one of the better teams in the NHL

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
The Blues now have Bouwmeester and Berglund back? I haven't been paying attention for a couple weeks but those are 2 very big adds for one of the better teams in the NHL

Both are playing but I haven't noticed them ever being gone, so I guess I pay even less attention to Blues than you :laugh:

But seriously, 90% of my NHL games are nowadays weekend matinees and whatever teams are playing

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Both are playing but I haven't noticed them ever being gone, so I guess I pay even less attention to Blues than you :laugh:

But seriously, 90% of my NHL games are nowadays weekend matinees and whatever teams are playing
Blues are my second favorite team, but I haven't been paying attention the last little bit, but neither Bouwmeester or Berglund had played a game yet this season. I guess t's been longer than I thought of not paying attention, they have played 9 (Bouw) and 6 (Berglund) games now

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Kings have won 8 in a row. Early days still but I don't think anyone catches them for the division lead. The Ducks have an outside shot at doing it seeing as they've held it together with all the injuries they've had

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Kings have won 8 in a row. Early days still but I don't think anyone catches them for the division lead. The Ducks have an outside shot at doing it seeing as they've held it together with all the injuries they've had

I’d like to see a hell of a lot more separation between the Flames and Anaheim before the Ducks start getting bodies back. I also think San Jose and Vegas have potential to drop substantially yet Vegas seems to keep on winning

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Blues are my second favorite team, but I haven't been paying attention the last little bit, but neither Bouwmeester or Berglund had played a game yet this season. I guess t's been longer than I thought of not paying attention, they have played 9 (Bouw) and 6 (Berglund) games now

Jaybo looks to be rounding into form, he wasn't very noticeable during his early return games, but he looked strong yesterday, controlling the play a lot and a strong game defending with Pietro... I expected more from Berglund when he was drafted, but he really seems to be fitting in the last year+ in a 2-way 3rd line C role, his presence makes MPS noticeably better.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I hate losing to the Oilers, but considering how shitty of a team they are, any points they get, even if it's from us, gets them further away from another lottery pick and in the whole grand scheme of things that's better.

Reactions: Janks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->